Sad sad day for me

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I was pumped when i started rnning the crowd was amazing givig us asll high fives and everythign I was clipping a wonderful sub five to five pace and at about mile 15 to mile 16 i somehow twosted my ankle,. I was thinking Ill limp thru. i slowed to a jog and with every time i put dow my leg it killed me so I got to 17 ad dropped out. i knew another nine wasnt gonna happen.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You jogged 16 miles and then an extra mile on a swollen ankle

Be proud of you accomplishment

The only sad part is that you hurt yourself....dont be down on yourself for not completing the full round.

You only didnt finish because you got hurt

the next time you will finish....I dont think you are that unlucky to twist your ankle twice in a row lol

Congrats on your success
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry! That has to be very tough.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I'm glad you stopped punishing your ankle. Sprains can take longer to heal than a break, so you do not want that ligament or tendon even more injured. Did you ice it? Are you reinforcing the area and doing all those 1st aid things that will help your joint? Hope so.
    There will be other races. You will share other high-fives. Take care of that ankle. BJB
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Think of how far you got, though! Thats over half!! Way to go!
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    17 miles!At least you went down like a warrior!
    There are plenty of marathons in the fall,take care of that ankle:flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    17 miles!At least you went down like a warrior!
    There are plenty of marathons in the fall,take care of that ankle:flowerforyou:

You are a winner in my book!! Take care of that ankle.
  • FitJoani
    Options
    thanks guys!!! I have it wrapped and had heat compresses on it(ibprofen for the swelling) I really cant tell if it hurts today cause every muscle in my body hurts pretty badly. i wasnt the only who got injured that far in a poor girl dropped at 20 from a knee pain and a totally cute cuy(didnt get his name) that i was talking with had stomach issues. then a womasn at 22 with her achilles(and what a great husband he dropped with her so she didnt feel bad). It IS a dangerous sport. There was a guy id say round my age at mile nine he was a halfer that was un responsive it was scary to run by but both is friends and total strangers stopped to help him he was a greyish color and couldnt even squeeze the girls hand who was holding his to get a response. My dad said a few people collapsed at the finish line one they IVed immediately and rushed him to the hospital. he knew something was wrong when i didnt make my crossing time. he ran back to the turck worried. im up and moving becuase sitting makes it worse. I need to kick butt in minneaplis to get unfinished business settkled
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    You did great i am so proud of you..... sorry about your ankle though..... Think of how far you have come....i know you will do great in whatever you do......
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Aw Joanie, I'm so sorry you couldn't finish your race but look how far you got. That's something to be proud of. The important thing now is to take care of your poor ankle. ((Joanie))
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!! Everyone tells me how happy I should be and I am. Iam back in action and going for the next thon date: October3rd 2010 Locatioon:Minneapolis Minnesota. Goal:BOSTON. I know Im fit enough to do a marathon now I have to prove it. even trainers at the gym are telling me how great I look and what an accoplishment it was...motivation enough for ME!!!