Michigan unemployment ? please HELP! (not health related)

Options
I'm desperate for an answer.

The website shows the certification times for PHONE certification. Everything is listed as is the only way to certify is by phone. I know that the schedule does not apply when using MARVIN online. The times at least do not apply. What about the days? If I'm supposed to call on Wed between 11-12, can I certify today online?

I've searched the website for info and found nothing. I waited on hold for 45 minutes to be hung up on. This is driving me crazy! I'd just try it, but I had trouble online a while back and my payments got held up for a few weeks. I'm scared to screw something up.

I'm only trying to do it early because my bank is now putting a hold on all deposits which makes my money available 2 days later than it used to be. So instead of being paid on Thursday, I'm paid on Saturday-Monday. Depends on when they release it.

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Is it being direct deposited? If so, the bank can not put a hold on it. And I also don't see how they can hold up a state check either............

Unless it is coming from the State of Illinois, LOL...........they have been bouncing checks for insurance reimbursements.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Is it being direct deposited? If so, the bank can not put a hold on it. And I also don't see how they can hold up a state check either............

Unless it is coming from the State of Illinois, LOL...........they have been bouncing checks for insurance reimbursements.

Yes, it is direct deposited. I thought that was a little off too. Especially since its coming from the state. If I were to take a check in there to cash it they would give me the money, all of it, right then and there. I don't see why it has to clear if it was direct deposited and I only want to withdrawl a portion of it 24 hours after the initial deposit....

Maybe its time to just switch banks, lol.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Yes, it is direct deposited. I thought that was a little off too. Especially since its coming from the state. If I were to take a check in there to cash it they would give me the money, all of it, right then and there. I don't see why it has to clear if it was direct deposited and I only want to withdrawl a portion of it 24 hours after the initial deposit....

Maybe its time to just switch banks, lol.

maybe it is time to look at a different bank...........

My banking institution does the opposite. Direct Deposit is readily available, but hand cashing a check requires it to sit from 2-5 days............depending on the amount and where its from.

If they are doing that to everyone, I know they are messing a whole lot of people up that are living check to check.............