My first progress post

Options
hill242
hill242 Posts: 412 Member
As posted to my blog this AM....

Back around, I think, March 20, I signed up for an account on MyFitnessPal.com. While I had seen the scale hit 180 again a month or so prior, I weighed-in that day at 178. This morning, I finally broke out of 170s and saw 169 on the scale.

What have I been doing? I've been using MFP religiously to log everything I eat. The goal is to end the day at a 500 calorie deficit, leading to 1 pound a week weight loss. I would say that 5 days of the week, I am sitting right at my 500 calorie deficit at the end of the day. The other 2 days? Usually 1 day I am at maintenance level and maybe the other day I am slightly over maintenance level but no more than +500. Because of that, I would say I am slightly less than 1 pound a week of weight loss, but it is working nonetheless. I don't feel deprived. I normally eat a couple dark chocolates every day, and we go out for ice cream on the weekends. One meal a week I just eat what I want (within some reason) and that really helps me get through the rest of the week.

Of course, I am also doing Crossfit religiously as well. I've had a couple days where I took it easy due to minor aggravations (tweaked right deltoid, sore knee from running) but I have been giving it my all 3 days on, 1 day off, since January. I am getting strong, I can feel muscles developed that I never had before, especially in my arms.

Now to just continue my steady weight loss and somebody might actually notice those muscles that are currently hiding out under some of the flab =)

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you. :flowerforyou: Sounds like you are doing everything right, moderation is the key.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats....keep up the good work
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Crossfit is amazing! I can't wait to get back to it(can't afford it right now)
    Keep up the amazing work!
  • brightlightkatie
    Options
    I cant wait til I see the 160's. Good going !
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's a wonderful feeling to see results after the hard work. Keep it up!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Crossfit is amazing! I can't wait to get back to it(can't afford it right now)
    Keep up the amazing work!

Some boxes are so expensive! Mine is only $50/month thankfully.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!