Do these pants make my cat's butt look big? (pictures)

Options
kimpossible471
kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
Yeti is cursed with a classic male spare tire/beer gut. We've tried getting him into heavy lifting, but he really just wants to lay around eating salami all day.

I thought maybe some new trousers might motivate him to not be quite so lazy. But I'm concerned that maybe they are doing more harm to his self esteem than help. You see, the girl cat says his butt looks big. (Bigger than hers, I guess - they are very competitive.)

Anyhow. Do you think a size larger would be more flattering to his physique? Or should we just keep this pair, and maybe try having him eat clean for a few weeks?

swaggins_zps8562c103.jpg

Also - I'm concerned that as he continues his weight loss journey, that he may be bothered with sagging skin in the tummy area. The fur hides it a bit, but he's really sensitive about his looks. Does anyone know of a vet in the midwest that does feline tummy tucks?

Thanks for your help

Replies

• kimpossible471
    Options
    Anybody? We're desperate.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Do NOT buy larger pants. That is an admission of defeat. Every day he has to squeeze into those ill-fitting trousers will be just a *little* bit more motivation to keep at it!! Heck, buy an even smaller pair.

Good for you for trying to help your cat. Seems like most MeowFelinePals are willing to just let them plump up into big balloons.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Well, in my opinion he should dress for his size. Muffin-tops just make him look bigger than he probably really is. Have you thought about shaving him? All that fur makes him look bigger, too.
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    .....Every day he has to squeeze into those ill-fitting trousers will be just a *little* bit more motivation to keep at it!! Heck, buy an even smaller pair......

So, they DO make his butt look big??
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You might have to take him to another country, but this guy is supposed to be the world's best animal plastic surgeon: http://www.edgardbrito.com.br/
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    GAHHH I have a huge pet peeve with animals wearing clothes :sick:
    Ditch the pants!
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    Well, in my opinion he should dress for his size. Muffin-tops just make him look bigger than he probably really is. Have you thought about shaving him? All that fur makes him look bigger, too.

We've tried shaving before....but he has some trouble with loose skin. Maybe a firming creme would help??

hairless_zpsf381778c.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Maybe your cat just needs to find a new girlfriend, one that will love and appreciate big cat butts.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    What is his diet like? My Luke has significantly trimmed down since we started replacing his nightly ice cream treat with hefty servings of broccoli.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    it's a trap!

the answer to that question is always "NO!"
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    .....Every day he has to squeeze into those ill-fitting trousers will be just a *little* bit more motivation to keep at it!! Heck, buy an even smaller pair......

So, they DO make his butt look big??

I'm sorry, to be honest, no, it's his big butt that makes his butt look big.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry - they *do* make his butt look big.:cry:
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    Maybe your cat just needs to find a new girlfriend, one that will love and appreciate big cat butts.

Maybe. I think she's been undermining his efforts for some time now. She's always eating pizza in front of him, and taunting him with take out chinese. He really needs a partner who is more supportive.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHA! This made me laugh out loud. LOL I bet the had such a happy face when you put the pants on him.

He really doesnt have much of a butt it's all carried in his midsection. Truly an apple!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a serious case of "fat kitty shaming" to me. The kitty couple should just break up, and then perhaps Mr. Kitty can look into some BBK (big beautiful kitty) dating sites.
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    What is his diet like? My Luke has significantly trimmed down since we started replacing his nightly ice cream treat with hefty servings of broccoli.

Doesn't the broccoli make him gassy?
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    Sounds like a serious case of "fat kitty shaming" to me. The kitty couple should just break up, and then perhaps Mr. Kitty can look into some BBK (big beautiful kitty) dating sites.

LOL....totally afraid what I might get if I google that.
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHA! This made me laugh out loud. LOL I bet the had such a happy face when you put the pants on him.

Happy like a bath,
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Aren't cats supposed to have a higher body fat percent? Did you check the KCE chart (Kitty Council on Exercise).
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    np2azk.jpg