Replies

• LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I started at 240 but there are people on here 300+ who have started
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You could always use it as a "walking" program too. Walk at your regular pace when they say "walk" and speed up the pace a few notches on the "runs". Take it easy and ease into it so you don't injure yourself!!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 and I am 5' 8" and 238 lbs.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    About 300 pounds when I started/finished last fall.

Will be starting again this spring and back up to almost 300.

I could definitely feel it on my body as I lost weight, but nothing like making it hard on myself.
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    There is a person now that is in the C25K group that started at 287 lbs. Weight only holds you back if you let it hold you back.

Very true statement. I walked in my first 5K at 188 pounds. This year I am still walking only with maybe a sprint thrown in there ocassionally at 135 pounds.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I didn't do C-2-5k but I started running at 215, now I'm 150 and I've run two 5ks this month!
  • jess_fowler
    jess_fowler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started at about 210 and hadn't worked out in 4 years. I am down almost 20 lbs and am on the last week. The last workout kicked my butt (jogging for 20 min straight) but I was so proud of myself when I finished it. Just remember, you don't have to run fast. I jog at 4.5 mph and walk at 3.5mph. Once you get the hang of it, you gradually increase your speed.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I started around 260...
  • RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started c25k at 430 lbs. I plan on doing my first 5k in October and if the path stays true should be under 300 by then. You can start it at any weight. The point is to get you moving at a faster pace then you typically do working up to kepping that pace for 30 min straight. I plan on doing the complete program a couple times between now and October. I am currently doing it on a treadmill doing a fast walk at around 4-4.2 mph and dropping back to 3.5-3.7 for the walk part.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 with the zombie 5k app and weighing 228 today.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4. When I started I was 200 lbs and now I am down to 191!! yay! It has definitely gotten easier as the weight has dropped off but it was always doable.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I did it with my friend, we are both about 5'4, I was about 160 pounds she was probably around 220 or so. I'm not sure if it's because she was so out of shape when she started or just more determined, but she did really well on the program - better than me in fact!
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1-- Day 3 was hard! I'm 167 and not in shape at all. My husband did it with me the past 2 work outs and I'm like "honey, can't you just feel the fat jiggling off!" Hee hee.