How many times a week do you eat out?

Options

Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The only time I eat out is with lunch with my husband twice a week. Since we bought a Big Green Egg, we cook all the stuff we would have eaten out with it. Steaks, Boston Pork Butt, Ham, Turkey, Whole Chickens, etc. Frankly, the food is much better than we get at any restaurant, and we're not spending $200-$500 at a restaurant for one meal for 3 people on weekends anymore.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever!

:cry:
  • _AC3_
    _AC3_ Posts: 16
    Options
    As a general rule I don't ever let myself cheat in the form of "cheat days." I find that life already provides enough "unavoidable" cheat days (birthdays, parties, networking meetings, etc.) to meet the quota. Usually I find that you end up eating over your calories on more than just your assigned cheat day(s) because of this. Also, cheat days/weekends keeps you psychologically yearning for it. You'll find that after a 2-3 weeks of no cheat days, or a couple months or so of very few and far between cheat days, you won't want to cheat. ...It's a bit similar to the situation that if I don't watch tv for a while because life/work has been so hectic, I don't get the craving to watch shows anymore).
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My husband and I dine out every Friday. I also dine out on other occasions (maybe twice a month), either for lunch or dinner. I have a pretty good idea of what a serving is by sight. I eat what I want and I stop when I think I have had the number of calories that I have allotted. I am more lenient on Friday since we are usually going to a fine dining establishment and I want to enjoy it. Plus the weekends always equal more wine than weekdays. :drinker:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of months. We like to cook.
    Do you let yourself cheat on the weekends?
    I'm happily married and wouldn't dream of cheating on weekends or during the week for that matter.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Depends on the girl and her grooming habits really. 3-5 times on average though I'd say.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    We eat out a couple of times a month. My husband and I are homebodies. If we are out running errands at lunch or dinner time we will stop somewhere. But usually we just like to eat dinner at home, especially in the colder months when it gets dark early. We do hit Red Lobster once in awhile.
  • _AC3_
    _AC3_ Posts: 16
    Options
    Also, I eat out almost every day, but it's a bit easier to do in California since we passed legislation here that requires all restaurants to have the caloric information of their menu available. :)
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I rarely go out to eat even once a month, simply because I have a host of dietary restrictions imposed upon me by illnesses and intolerances which makes it difficult and not too pleasurable to eat out. Plus, I'm a poor college student lol.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Usually once or twice each weekend. I try to make good choices and I log it but I'm not fanatical about it. :wink:
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    whenever a girl lets me
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    3-4 times a week.

I eat Chinese, Mexican, Chick Fil A, sandwich shops, on the regular.

Oh yeah, and I'm down 30 lbs. Sometimes ya just don't feel like cooking :tongue:

But I also measure my food out and eat within my limits.

Don't be afraid of food or eating out, it's delicious energy.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Eatin aint cheatin

:heart:
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I cheat once, but only after putting a full hour of high intense workout at the gym, and will eat out often, but I'm always the freakshow eating a burger with no mayo and one half of the bun, or lemon juice instead of dressing on my salad.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of months. We like to cook.
    I'm happily married and wouldn't dream of cheating on weekends or during the week for that matter.

Eatin' by definition ain't cheatin'.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I eat out once or twice a week, usually on the weekends. I ALWAYS pre-plan, I just feel better doing it that way. I pick out my meal before I even head to the restaurant. I don't really have "cheat" days. I treat every day the same. Moderation, portion control, exercise and substitution is the program that works best for me! If I am craving a guilty pleasure, I will whip up a healthier substitute. If I want the real thing, than that is where the portion control and moderation comes in. :)
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I usually eat out once a week (the only day i get to see my bf, we usually go out) but even then I keep within my calorie goals. I base my day around what I eat at a restaurant. There are also ways to track the calories in the food you eat when youre out, I find that to be helpful before I order my food.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    we're not spending $200-$500 at a restaurant for one meal for 3 people on weekends anymore.

Wow!!! Where do you go that it costs that much for three people?

My husband and I eat out maybe twice a week at max. Usually it's grabbing a sub for dinner. Now and again we go out for breakfast. Other than that, the only time we eat out is when it's someone's birthday or anniversary. He and I rarely go out for dinner unless it's our date night which we try to do once a month.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Never. Don't got the money for that!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    As often as DW is in the mood...

lucky woman.