• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    39593754_9578.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    You should give him milk!

NO no, cats won't drink milk in nature. They don't drink it in nature!!

1301593528_cat-drinks-milk-from-cow.gif
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    39593754_9578.jpg

PopTartCat_zpscfc145a7.gif
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    This is a serious problem and all of these flippant problems are not helping the OP.

CacheRaddy, I recommend that you give your cat OPTIONS. Put small portions of things in bowls. Write down what he chooses and what he avoids. Also, make sure you're observing him; he might be a mouser and you don't even know; he could be getting his nutrition on the skreets. If you can set up some nanny-cams around the neighborhood, you could watch to see if he's secretly slipping out to rummage garbage or birds nests.

In any event, I really, really hope you find a way to work this out. Orthorexia in cats is the number one killer of orthorexic cats.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There has been a lot of good advice in this thread, and as you can see other people's cats have this same problem (people just don't usually talk about it), but please get the help of a cat psychologist. Your cat needs professional help. We can all just give you advice, but it's not a replacement for the professional help your cat needs. If you take care of this now, you might be able to prevent this from becoming a life long struggle. It's good that people are talking about this more openly now, but there is also the risk your cat could join on online forum. Those have been popping up for cats all over the place. It's tough because we do what we can, but cats are so secretive. Just be sure that you don't stand in the mirror and call yourself fat or unhealthy in front of your cat. They always see that!!! You think they aren't watching, but they are. I also agree that you need to start eating the cat food that you want your cat to eat. You need to model that behavior and help your cat see that the food is safe and good and healthy.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    But for srs, the only thing you can do is leave Pop Tarts lying around. No one can resist pop tarts.

NO.

ONE.

I can. PopTarts.. .Meh. It's my mutant power- The ability to resist pop tarts.
  • LovesStrays
    Options
    I think you should respect your cats wishes - if he want to live on such a restrictive diet then you should be supportive. Eventually he'll trust you more and open up, then you might be able, after many conversations, to convince him that a little "bad" food now and again isn't going to kill him or derail his progress.

Who knows, he might even try a pop tart one day :flowerforyou:
  • Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hahahah, too funny. I started out with Friskies, I consider it the Mc Donald's of cat food, especially when I found strips of plastic in it! But now, he eats Fancy Feast, a brand I swore I would never use, but hey, he loves it, and will also never turn up his nose at MY food-chicken, fish, and the evil stuff, butter and cream. As for you, I think it is a game, and you must tough it out! Show him You are the one buying the food, lol
  • catmaster
    catmaster Posts: 34 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I think you should give him goldfish crackers. If he is an indoor cat he won't know what a real fish looks like. Hopefully he will only know the general shape from the internet and watching tv all day. You can convince him it isn't moving because you oh so nicely killed his highness' dinner in advance so he wouldn't have to dirty his paws.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,424 Member
    Options
    He should try a raw diet. Just sling down some raw chicken wings and let him make his own choices.

Are male cats more paranoid about body image and diet? All the threads lately about male cats have me wondering if the media gives them issues. Female cats don't stress about this stuff at all it seems.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I found my cat adding some shakeology to her water bowl this morning. Should I be concerned?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Clearly your kitty is gluten intolerant. Doi.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    5e5c2a82a634a5211c83c505f5c5417f.jpg
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    How do I count the calories from laughing at this discussion? Aerobic exercise?