New Member, desperate to lose!!!

Options
Today is day one for me on myfittnesspal.com. I am trying the Herbal Life shakes as part of my diet plan, and was told to use this site to help track. I am one of those woman who have tried EVERYTHING to loose weight and to keep it off. I am really hoping that this website will help to keep me honest and on track, plus hopefully getting lots of support!

My goal is to loose 36lbs total, and to keep it off. My husband and I are talking baby, and I really want to have a healthy body before baby, so i have motivation!!!!

Any advice to give, I am all ears!!!!

Replies

• IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I have only been here for a week myself, but I have found tracking what I am actually consuming really helps and the support I get from other members is very motivational. Your tag line 'One day at a time ...' says it all really :-)
  • mkep3000
    mkep3000 Posts: 11
    Options
    welcome! i would say the best thing to do is be honest with yourself. i used to justify the not so healthy things i ate and that has landed me in a not so great place health wise. just make sure you log everything and work towards making healthy choices.. this site has been really helpful in showing what you actually eat.. and is way easier than using paper and pen to keep track. and be patient.. the weight didn't come on overnight and it sure as heck won't leave overnight.. good luck to you!!
  • wsmythe
    wsmythe Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am glad we have similar goals. It's interesting that one of my main motivations is also to be thin before being pregnant. I am trying to lose 13lbs... (6Kgs) which I put on after marriage, 1.2 kg a year more or less. (Why do we married women just forget about our looks after marriage? It shouldn't be!)..

I have so far used the iphone app and today is my first day on the website. I am also looking for support from the community. I started a week ago, and with being busy at work.... I stopped for 3 days and ate too much.... Now I am back again. The best thing is to be honest... and do not despair if one day you don't do so well. We should continue to support each other along the way. And celebrate when we do lose weigth. Good luck to you and let's stay in touch!
    Wilma
  • medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also think that tracking everything you eat, even if you are way over your goal for the day, is one of the most important things you can do. I've found that when I do that and I have a bad day it is easier to motivate yourself to make the next day better. Plus when you finish entering everything for the day it tells you "If ever day was like today in so many weeks I would weigh ___". It helps you realize how small steps can make a big difference.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Tracking every thing that I have been eating has helped me to realize that I haven't been taking in enough calories to help burn it off. So it has been nice for me to see what I have eaten and say okay if I eat this it will bump it up more so that I can get to at least 1200 calories a day. My goal is to eat 1400 calories a day but so far I have only hit that maybe once since I started a week ago. I think sometimes we aren't eating enough calories to be able to burn it off. Of course there are those times we over do it but I think most of the time we under do the calories and it is harder to burn it off because we don't have that fuel for our bodies to be able to do it.:smile:
  • tthrasher34
    Options
    I was testing something, sorry