Actifry/low fat fryer?

Options
UrbanLotus
UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
Does anyone have a T-Fal Actifry or other low fat fryer? What do you think of it? Worth the money? The T-fal is $300(!!!) but I was thinking of getting a used one on ebay, would that be gross? What other ones are good? So many questions! :)

Replies

• jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    What are you planning to cook with it? I don't know what an Actifry is but it seems way over priced for a kitchen gadget.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it, easy to clean and use the only problem I have with it is reseting the timer is absolutely annoying. If you are wanting to make deep fried egg rolls and things like that then this is NOT the machine for you, a thin layer of oil in a pan would work better and is much cheaper. However if you are looking at making chicken fingers from frozen (homemade or storebought) or french fries from fresh or frozen and other similar items then it is worth it. They suggest a whole tablespoon of oil per use but I use more like 1-2 teaspoons of oil instead and works just as well.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it, easy to clean and use the only problem I have with it is reseting the timer is absolutely annoying. If you are wanting to make deep fried egg rolls and things like that then this is NOT the machine for you, a thin layer of oil in a pan would work better and is much cheaper. However if you are looking at making chicken fingers from frozen (homemade or storebought) or french fries from fresh or frozen and other similar items then it is worth it. They suggest a whole tablespoon of oil per use but I use more like 1-2 teaspoons of oil instead and works just as well.

Yes I'd be interested in making things like chicken breasts, fries, veggies etc, think I will look into it, thanks!
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can cook a lot more things in an actifry when you take the paddle out :)
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My bf bought one on the weekend, and he loves it.
  • RCottonRPh
    Options
    We love ours! Bed Bath and Beyond often has them on sale AND there are 20% off any purchase coupons available if you sign up for their emails. We use it at least once a week.