Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    oooo one more guestimate!!
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    when people call breakfast "breaky" I want to do bad things....

Like "breaky" their faces?

like "when I eat breaky I have some hammy with eggs..." OH MY GOD I JUST PISSED MYSELF OFF LOL

and yes breaky their faces..amen

You don't want to NOM all the breaky?

I can't stand NOM.

i'm scared to ask but what's NOM?

As I've always understood it, it's sort of a sound-effect type thing for eating. If you "nom on" something, you are eating it. My sis and I use it more like a description: "Noms!" means something tastes good...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Journey. Anybody who says the word Journey and doesn't bust into song deserves to be kicked in the head.

ANY WAY YOU WANT IT THATS THE WAY YOU NEEED IT ANY WAY YOU WANNTT IT

Da na na na na na na na na

I happen to love the term and the song so on my journey I will continue and you can believe I wont stop believin'
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Detoxinating the liver

^ this is an actual thread right now ...

LOL WTF is Detoxinating?

might as well just say nom nom the detoxy liver...
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    diet
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Also, when people mess up common phrases (especially if the people are native English speakers), such as "taken for granite" instead of "taken for granted". Or awe when they mean aw, or ewe when they mean ew. These are entirely different words, people. :grumble:

A couple I've read or heard lately are "sop and wet" instead of sopping wet and "whoa as me" instead of woe is me. :laugh:
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Nosh
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Journey. Anybody who says the word Journey and doesn't bust into song deserves to be kicked in the head.

How about this way.

Good luck on your weight loss Steve Perry!

Same thing, right?!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    "Hubby". Hate hate hate it!!! It makes women sound SO STUPID. You can hold a double major from an Ivy league college, but if you use that term, your IQ automatically drops 20 points.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    moist :sick:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    And "Om nom nom". You REALLY want to be equated to Homer Simpson? Not doin' yourself any favors, buddy.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    "I can't lose weight"

ETA - Or, "I can't LOOSE weight" :D
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bliss. :sick:
  • sperocras
    sperocras Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    LOOSE, when it's supposed to be "LOSE!"

I dunno, I like the idea of loosing weight. Let it be someone else's problem; I'm done with it! ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I hate "Paleo" and "cavegirl", "Whole 30" etc. Just like in the past I was annoyed by "Atkins", "South Beach"....

I just find that all of the people I know in my every day life who do those super FAD diets are the ones who get really overzealous & burn themselves out quickly and go back to eating fast food three times a day.
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Irregardless. THIS IS NOT A WORD! Also the phrase "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less". If you can care less, you still care!!
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Guacamole (food aversion thing) :sick:

"Organic"

Before the organic folks start beating me over the head with an eggplant or something, may I say that my obesity is killing me off faster than any minute toxins found in "non-organic" vegetables ever would. I think that with all the hype that people are giving "organic vs non-organic", the country might be a whole lot healthier looking at "exercise vs sedentary" or "water vs a big gulp coca cola". Judging by my profile pic, it may look like "fatty preaching what she doesn't practice", but I've lost 18 lbs by switching to water, cutting out fast food, choosing leaner meats, exercising more and eating more "non-organic" veggies and fruit instead of junk food. (I lost 5 lbs before starting MFP by switching to water alone!!)

Rant over. I double checked it for punctuation and spelling :wink:

A couple other ones:
    ~When they make the price on anything "something" dollars and 99 cents instead of rounding it up to the nearest dollar. $4.99 = $5.00
    ~When people refer to a die as "a dice"
    ~Gangster talk, anything related to gangster talk
    ~ USING.....ELLIPSES .....EXCESSIVELY ...... OR .... PUTTING....A ..... WHOLE....POST IN ......CAPS :sad:

Edit: Adding a more effective adjective because I'm weird like that :smile:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    "in-place-of-a-roadmap.version-100-insert date like i care"
  • sidewinder76
    Options
    "extreme" anything.....snail racing, shampoo, slurpie, .....drives me crazy
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ~ USING.....ELLIPSES .....EXCESSIVELY ...... OR .... PUTTING....A ..... WHOLE....POST IN ......CAPS :sad:

I'm always getting emails from someone who works for a branch of where I work, and he'll type one word followed by "..................................................."
    I've asked him why, and he just says "I dunno..................................................................." *sigh*