afternoon fade

Options
looking for advice
Do a pretty intense (msrb thrive class) 1 hour workout 5 mornings a week. at 8am. I eat a pure protien bar before and after. and i drink my water. So that's 40 grams of protein and 400 calories. Normal days i eat around 1500 calories and i try really hard not to eat back my exercise calories because if I do i don't lose weight. I am 5'9" and 170 lbs trying to lose my last 20 (I have lost 170 lbs so far) Why then am i literally falling asleep around 12pm and if i dont go to sleep (which i mostly cant with an active 3 year old and needing to pick kids up from school etc) i am barely functional for 2 to 3 hours. Most days around 3ish i start to feel ok again. I don't drink anything but water so caffeen is not an option. Sometimes it helps a little if I drink some vitamin water but i find it frustrating that i am so tired instead of energized for the day...

Replies

• Biindi
    Biindi Posts: 10
    Options
    Well...a 3-year old and other kiddies, plus workouts every morning. You're a busy gal! Are you getting enough sleep? (Hard with :wink: kiddies!). Perhaps your blood sugar drops by noon...could you have something that would last as fuel instead of the 2nd protein bar? Perhaps some berries and oatmeal. Give yourself a bit more fuel in the a.m. might help you keep things going later on? I'm not an expert, just a suggestions. Good luck!