BMR?

joneswife09
joneswife09 Posts: 207 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Quick Question : I just checked my BMR and it said my calories in bed all day would be 1532. I am on a 1200 calorie diet. Any suggestions on what my calorie intake needs to be? Should I up my calories to around 1400 or just leave them at the 1200?

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    I just set my daily intake based on what MFP told me to do if I wanted to lose 1 lb per week. It takes into account your BMR and lifestyle, and I think it chooses a diet that is appropriate for you to lose. I would go with that, because it seems to be based on research, especially as relates to staying within a healthy zone (eating enough to actually lose). Not sure that this helps!
  • medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Are you in bed all day for a medical reason? If you are, I would check with your doctor before you do anything.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    if you lost 4lbs in a month, it seems like you should just keep doing whatever it is you are doing :)
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 207 Member
    Are you in bed all day for a medical reason? If you are, I would check with your doctor before you do anything.

No I am not in bed for any medical reason. The BMR just tells you how many calories your body would burn if all you did was laid in bed all day. I figured that since I'm not in bed all day then I would be burning way more calories than that. So i didn't know if I should up my calorie intake. I just wasn't sure what to do. Just looking for suggestions.
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    What you have been doing so far seems to work so in that case, I wouldn't change anything. I don't know for how long you have been watching your food and exercising and I suppose it's a good thing to evaluate or re-evaluate your achievements and goals once in a while. That being said, I'd keep things the way they are for now since it seems to be working for you.

1111650.png
This discussion has been closed.