up 11 lbs in 2.5 weeks???

nurseandi
nurseandi Posts: 80
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've recently kicked things up a few notches with exercise. I'm doing cardiokickboxing some days, walking 4-6 miles on others, yoga, and spinning. I exercise every day and my job keeps me on my feet running on top of it. I've been eating my calorie goal, trying not to eat sweets anymore,drinking my protein powder.... needless to say... I went from 148 to 159(todays weight) in 2.5weeks! no joke! and it's not muscle because my rolls are def getting bigger and my pants don't fit. I stopped using the site for a month or so but i really don't think i've been going over my calorie's much or at all. I'm a little nervous/bummed out that today i had my TSH and cortisol checked, im waiting for the results. I even was so freaked out that i took a pregnancy test(negative) I'm only 23 wha's the deal?! I also stopped by SSRI because i'm wondering if that is causing the gain? I'm probably just looking for excuses.... *sigh* :(

Replies

• laur89
    laur89 Posts: 30 Member
    It could be the protein powder... my brother uses it to help put on muscle and weight.
  • nurseandi
    This is true. I only use 1 scoop after a workout. it's a womens low glycemic poweder. low cal, low fat so i dont know about that.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Well, since you're a nurse, can you ask a doctor where you work (or anyone else there) what they think it sounds like?
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    I've found for myself, that if I exercise too much (4-6 miles for me) I will gain weight!

If I cut it back to 2-3 miles and continue to eat right I will lost weight! Don't really know the reason why!

It seems that my metabolism starts to slow down when I cut my calorie too much or exercise too much!
  • nurseandi
    hmmm interesting. I guess this is my next experiment!
  • Jessie1810
    Jessie1810 Posts: 7
    Try cutting back on your workouts. I was talking with my personal trainer at the gym on Saturday and she said it's not healthy to work out EVERY day. Your body needs time to recover...she said that is all part of the losing weight process.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    i wouldnt think it was protein....your body needs it, unless you are drinking too much. My guess would be your body need a rest day! You may be over doing it, especially if you are not getting rest time in between workouts! are you drinking lots of water? and watching your sodium?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    also, SSRI are known to cause weight gain, so maybe stopping it will help....??

How many calories are you eating vs burning?
This discussion has been closed.