Incisional Hernia

Options
I had a cancer scare last year, in the hospital 3 times, 2 surgeries in which I had a part of my bowel removed and a temporary ileostomy. The ileostomy take down was the end of November. I felt I was healed enough and my energy level was up enough to begin to lose some weight again. And then I developed a hernia at the sight of my incision. So now I am going to have to take it easy for months until I have the surgery and then for another several months after I have this surgery operated on. Arrghhhh! I loved to bike and now I cannot. I have done research on this type of hernia (which doesn't hurt) and my research says "No biking; no weight lifting; no straining your abdomen; no jogging." I can, however, walk all I want and swim all I want and modified yoga. This is so disheartening. Has anyone else had this experience?? Any advice? I am aiming to lose another 11 pounds.

Replies

• Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a cancer scare last year, in the hospital 3 times, 2 surgeries in which I had a part of my bowel removed and a temporary ileostomy. The ileostomy take down was the end of November. I felt I was healed enough and my energy level was up enough to begin to lose some weight again. And then I developed a hernia at the sight of my incision. So now I am going to have to take it easy for months until I have the surgery and then for another several months after I have this surgery operated on. Arrghhhh! I loved to bike and now I cannot. I have done research on this type of hernia (which doesn't hurt) and my research says "No biking; no weight lifting; no straining your abdomen; no jogging." I can, however, walk all I want and swim all I want and modified yoga. This is so disheartening. Has anyone else had this experience?? Any advice? I am aiming to lose another 11 pounds.

Don't mess around with stuff like that. Follow your doctor's orders.