I made myself like water!

Options
mamax5
mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
I have been making myself drink plain ice water since Thursday and now I like it. I took a tiny sip of my son's fruit punch and thought it was nasty. So with time people can learn to like water. I used to hate it and would go week without water and just drink tea, milk, or soda pop. So now it's all I drink. I made the commitment to just drink wateruntil I have lost 50lbs, but I may just continue with this...I have had a few sips of milk, but for the most part all I have had is water to drink....yay! I am so excited. I cannot wait to see if this really helps me lose weight.

Replies

• dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You will crave it! I only have sweet tea for breakfast for the caffeine, but other than that I drink at least 64+ ounces of water a day. I can't imagine if I drank a soda. Yay for water.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    a squirt of lemon helps for me. :bigsmile:
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The price of water makes me like it even more! I have a water filter and only drink water at home. I will get orange juice from time to time. If I am at my grandmother's, I will drink a coke. I used to hate water, but now it is not so bad. I keep telling myself, imagine how much more I would weigh if I drank soda everyday.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I find it amazing how I'd go day after day after day with maybe 1 cup of coffee and maybe a glass of water or soft drink and be fine. Now I'm used to drinking water, and if I don't drink enough of it (at least 1 quart per day), I feel absolutely parched and miserable.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    a squirt of lemon helps for me. :bigsmile:

I like some lemon init from time to time!
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add lime too.
  • kimberlyrosswichita
    kimberlyrosswichita Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope I develop a taste for it, I am barely making 6 cups a day!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I crave it too, all I drink and my coffee. I gave up sweet tea a year ago - I still cant believe it. I keep a big thing of the bottled water in my car so I always have it. Funny how things change. ;)
  • CircadianBliss
    CircadianBliss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm finally in love with drinking water! Before I would rarely drink it, now I easily get a minimum of eight glasses per day.
    All I want to drink now is water. (:
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good job! I now drink almost only water and that's mostly what I crave too! Nothing quenches your thirst like water!

I used to be a Coca-Cola junkie lol! Now I rarely ever crave soda! Besides water, the only things I drink (in moderation, of course) are unsweetened teas, club soda (without the sodium), coffee (with very little cream and sugar), almond milk, and all natural fruit and vegetable juices.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love water.... It has truly helped me in this journey!! Much success to you and keep on chugging!!
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love water. The only other thing i drink daily is coffee. But i can never get to much water.
  • dacadoo
    dacadoo Posts: 32
    Options
    I am much better at getting my water in now and I too crave it If I don't have it my throat feels so dry! My new love is to add cucumber and lemon slices yum.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I never would drink water, only when I was working out. Now I can't get enough of it. I was having trouble drinking on the weekends but now no problem. I keep a pitcher in the fridge with lemon. I just fill up my glass and add more water to the pitcher from time to time. Love it and drink all the time now!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It will definitely help you lose weight!! :) Water is the best
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking diet soda January 1, 2012. One really does get use to just water. I have started this year to drink tea. Occasionally, I'll have some coffee. I never drink juice. I prefer to eat my calories. I did have a sip of hot cocoa on Friday. Wouldn't want a whole glass.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!