Another Victory

Options
Last June, I posted my last topic for a while. I claimed the ultimate NSV - Pregnancy after 11 years of infertility, thanks to clean living', 30 lbs down, getting fit enough to run my first 5K, and the hand of God.

I had a picture perfect pregnancy. Even starting off at 237, I had perfect blood pressure, blood sugar, and stayed mobile, flexible, and healthy the whole time. When I went to the doctor for my last weigh-in, I was at 271, or 34lbs gained. This is a great amount for a healthy weight female. It was a little high for my liking, but my doctor didn't complain because everything else was going so well.

The one complication came when my epidural was administered. My blood pressured dropped to 60/30, and several bags of fluid were pumped into me to bring it back up. My labor slowed down, and after 13 hours, my doctor decided to do an emergency c-section. Because of all the fluid, and then a section on top of that, I swelled up like a balloon. My weight AFTER delivery was 279. The baby was a healthy 8lb 1oz bundle of perfection, as you can see in my profile pic. I was less so.

I am happy to report after 7 weeks that I am down to 243, only six pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I've been steady active, thanks to our other two (adopted) children, three year old twins, one with special needs. I've breastfed exclusively. But I didn't monitor calories or macros at all.

I started all that today, the same day I started back to work since the baby's birth. Wish me luck on not only the next six, but sixty pounds. And good luck to all my friends who found encouragement in my story as they walk that same difficult road of TTC. Hang in there. It's worth it!!:heart:

Replies

• saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful new little joy! Children put eveything else in perspective, don't they? I have never loved or appreciated my body more than while pregnant/after giving birth. It's an amazing process!!
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sweet baby! And I know you can do this for yourself and for them! Feel free to add me. We are roughly around the same weight right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!