I can only see how much farther I need to go.

Options
Hello everyone!
I have lost 35lbs since I kicked things into gear in November, and 42lbs total since my heaviest. I plan to lose another 60lbs.
While my clothes are smaller, and many people have told me I look thinner, I myself don't see that much of a difference. I can only see how much more I need to lose. To me, it looks like I am carrying far more than an extra 60 lbs, and I am more uncomfortable with my excess weight.
I frequently go through old pictures of myself and compare them to pictures I took recently, and I do see a difference, but it's not the drastic difference I crave to see.

So for those of you who have lost around 100lbs, how long did it take for you to finally be happy with what you were seeing in the mirror on top of what your friends and scale told you?

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking progress photos? That often gives me a reality check when I still think I'm "fat"
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critic. Try looking at other things to help you, progress pics, inches lost, the way your clothes fit. Have someone else take a look at your pics to help you. Look at how far you have come and not how far you still have to go!! You can do this!! If you're interested, i have a ladies only or a unisex fb support group. Send me a message. We would love to have you!!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I really had a hard time seeing the improvement until, at the 70 pound loss mark,I had someone take a photo of me in the same shirt and at the same location as another photo of me at my maximum weight (see below). That was when I finally realized how much I'd changed. I keep that photo on my fridge, at my desk at work and on my cell phone as I reminder of how far I've come and I'll soon be taking another one when I hit 90 pounds.

For me there are always things I can find that could use improvement even now, but compared to how I used to be, if my body doesn't get any better than it is now, I don't mind.

155682_10151048833381227_1505681435_n_zps7efc601c-1_zps625e168d.jpg