New to MFP and want to know how to add recipes to my log

coloradorunner01
coloradorunner01 Posts: 5 Member
Is there a way of sharing recipes? I see I can create my own recipe, but I was curious if we have the capabilities of sharing recipes and trying them/adding them to our food diary. Maybe I am missing something, but the only recipes I see are here on the community site.

Replies

• nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    I think they are working on a way to let us do that, but it is not possible at this time.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Recipe "sharing' isn't a live feature at MFP yet.

You could grab a recipe that someone has linked here, search manually via the database for the ingredients as listed and create the recipe to your own account from scratch...
    But you could try a search via the food database...
    such as
    "allrecipes.com" just searching for that will give you an idea of the recipes that are available from that site that have had their nutritional info calculated / entered as a food here... so you'd add the ... allrecipes.com breaded chicken fingers to your diary and to get the recipe itself you'd have to go to their site and view it.. if they're calling it allrecipes.com it should be the recipe as presented from the site but no guarantees.

Will note that if you're cooking for a family and they are also using MFP you can save yourself SOME time by creating a recipe in only one account, log a serving of the recipe to the food diary that is shared with friends, and be friends with the family you want to "share' with.... they come view YOUR diary using THEIR account and click quick tools > copy to today to copy the nutrition of a recipe you've logged to their own diary... it doesn't copy the recipe / ingredients/ quantities / assembly instructions but at least you can each have the 'full" nutrition of a meal without having to each log every ingredient.