1 tablespoon sugar or honey
    1 teaspoon molasses (if you want)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon

Cook together. Top with milk. :smile:
  • manoozo
    manoozo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    thank a lot :flowerforyou:
    but can you give me more details? you know, like to cook this with that for how many minutes :smile:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    If it's the quick oats, I just mix the oats, carrots, coconut, and cinnamon together in a bowl, dump some boiling water over it (just enough to cover, not too much), and cover the bowl it for like 5 minutes. It cooks right in the bowl! Then you add the raisins, nuts, pineapple and sweetener and mix it all up. Top with some milk. :)
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Do you mean how to make porridge?

If so, then here's my recommendation:

1. Don't use the instant oats-type mixes, they are yuck, full of sugar and more expensive.
    2. Don't use the microwave as it doesn't taste the same at all - honestly, you can cook them just as quick on the stove (the only thing is you need to wash the pot afterwards).
    3. Use good quality jumbo oats.

For a small bowl of porridge, put about 40g of oats into a pot, cover with either milk (any kind) or water (it'll be less creamy) or half and half. Add a small pinch of salt. Put on low heat and stir at the same time, will thicken up nicely in about 4-5 mins.

You can now add whatever you like to taste (brown sugar if you have to, fruit, nuts or flaxseed).

I also make a mix of half oats and half wheatbran for added fibre, soya bran is also great as it's less papery than wheatbran and tastes nutty.

Hope this helps and sorry if it's not porridge you were meaning, I'm Scottish so it's the only type of oats I know!!