Help with my HRM

Options
Hi guys, I have a Garmin 305 that I use for running and cycling, to record my route mostly. Now that I have decided to get back into fitness using the gym, videos etc. I would like to use the Garmin to register my calories burned. Could anyone tell/help me with which setting to use. For outdoor activities it is easy, but I can't find any settings for indoor/stationery activities. What do you guys use to record your calories burning?
Thanks
JC

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    The Garmin 305 does not base calories burned estimste on heart rate. Other models do, this one does not. That is likely why you can't get one for indoor activities.
    You could use your average heart rate and use an online calculator to figure out but I am not sure that would be accurate.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The Garmin 305 does not base calories burned estimste on heart rate. Other models do, this one does not. That is likely why you can't get one for indoor activities.
    You could use your average heart rate and use an online calculator to figure out but I am not sure that would be accurate.

Holy crap :sad: , and I did not want to spend extra money. My next question will be then, can anyone recommend a HRM that does that calories burning calculation, but I am on a budget, I really don't want to spend too much, and I am UK based too
    Thanks guys
    JC