Beyond frustrated!

Options
Hi ... I started using lose it app starting on February 18, 2013.... I go between 7-10lbs lost...I have also lost about 10 inches. I am doing everything right. Exercising 6 xs a week...riding the bike due to a back injury that is what I can do for now. I am to the point where I feel like giving up but I won't. I'm doing light yoga and sit-ups as well. I see everyone dropping weight yet here I am for almost 3 weeks and I keep dropping and gaining the same darn 3 lbs. I've done WW before and by now I would have been down 15-20 and that we with out exercising. We are light on cash in our household right now and I really don't want to spend $40 plus a month for WW. IM NOT SURE IF IM NOT EATING THE RIGHT FOODS...MAYBE TOO MUCH PROTEIN...opps...my diary is open to view...I would love so suggestions...I know I should feel good that my clothes are looser and people are noticing it in my face...and it is slow and stead wins the race...but at my weight and finally making the decision to do this...it is so very frustrating. I did read the the post about not eating enough and when you do it takes 4 -6 weeks to regulate...I'm there at that point and nothing! I feel like throwing away my scale...I know it is correct because its the same weight at the drs...thanks for reading and your help!!! I don't want to be the fat mom anymore.

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Tried to look at your diary but it is only open to friends.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    And go ahead and throw out that scale. It is too easy to get all wrapped up in the numbers and not notice the other results, like clothes that are too big. You mentioned people noticing weight loss, so you are obviously making progress.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 6 weeks is a great loss! You're on the right track :) WW might be faster but it all goes right back on, this is a healthy, sustainable loss. Keep it up!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open so I can't make suggestions based on what you are tracking.

Are you HONESTLY tracking everything? That bit of oil used when cooking? That milk/cream/sugar in your coffee/tea? That mayo/mustard/etc on a sandwich or wrap? The dressing on a salad? The few bites you have while cooking? The snack you grab while out and about?

Are you properly tracking everything? Are you eyeballing your portions? You should be weighing all foods with a kitchen scale and measuring all liquids with measuring spoons/cups. Even when a food is listed as a serving being 1/4 cup for example, always weigh it. Far too often that 1/4 cup weighs more than it should.

Are you overestimating your exercise? Are you eating your exercise calories back? How much total each day are you eating? What is your weekly weight loss goal set at? What is your daily activity level set at?

Are you eating fresh foods you prepare yourself or are you eating out? Are you eating frozen or canned foods? How much processed food are you eating? How much protein, fiber, water, sodium, etc are you getting?

ALso, if you haven't already, take your measurements. They won't change as often but I find they are a better view of progress than the scale.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    10 inches! WOW! That is fantastic. We are not here for the quick fix like some other programs(WW). Many people keep logging their food long after they reach their weight goal. Don't worry about the scale. Are you feeling better? Do you have more energy? Does your back feel better with less inches to deal with? This is what is important.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    I feel your frustration. I am in my 1st week and I lost 0.5lb and I really thought I would have lost more. My mom (who is the same size as me) lost 11lbs her first week. I know a huge difference between us is that I moved more on a daily basis prior to starting this journey and she went from completely (and I mean completely) sedentary. But it is still frustrating. Keep at it. One of the things I did was take my measurements (which I see you lost 10inches). I think that will be the true test of your fitness.
  • kcworkingdiver
    Options
    I love your reply - something for all of us to think about for sure. So easy to overlook what we think are small things but really can add up.