New(ish) to MFP

Options
I started using MyFitnessPal a few weeks ago. I must say, I've tried several other food/fitness trackers but I like this one the best. It's the most simplistic in my opinion!
Anyway. Ultimately I want to be healthy and a good example for my kids. I gained 65lb when I got pregnant with my eldest 4 yrs ago. Now, after baby #3 is now 2 months old and I still have almost 30lb of total baby weight to shed.
I have to wait a little while longer to do much on my stomach (c-section) and I am suffering from tendonitis in my wrist. But I started jogging this week. So that plus keeping an eye on food should really help me reach my goals quickly.
Um, yeah, so that's all. *wave*

Replies

• katief1982
    katief1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I managed to lose the majority of the baby weight, but I still had pre-baby weight, so now fighting that battle :)
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section back in August when I had my baby girl and I know exactly what you mean about needed to wait before you start doing ab exercises! I am just now, 8 months later, REALLY able to do some crunches.
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    Good luck!

I managed to lose the majority of the baby weight, but I still had pre-baby weight, so now fighting that battle :)

Thanks! You can do it, too. :) Us mamas are fierce!
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    I had a c-section back in August when I had my baby girl and I know exactly what you mean about needed to wait before you start doing ab exercises! I am just now, 8 months later, REALLY able to do some crunches.

Yes, this was my 3rd c-section. Last year I was about 9 months pp before I started any abs. I did 2.5 months of working out, lost almost 30lbs, and then got pregnant again. But it was definitely easier to do abs then than at 2 months pp! So I'll just focus on cardio for now.
    Good luck to you!