Weight Watchers

retrobaby
retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
:smile: Has anyone had any success with weight watchers? Seriously thinking about joining so that I can attend the meetings. I need more support. In the past I was more successfull at losing weight with the interaction and support of a group, but I have never done weight watchers. Any opinion would be helpful.:smile:

Replies

• auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    i love WW. It really works for me when I attend meetings. I try to do it online and I don't do as well. There's not one close to me know so I don't do it.
  • mstuehm
    mstuehm Posts: 10 Member
    I lost thirty pounds when I went faithfully and tracked my food.

I had to stop going because they changed the meeting time and was unable to attend anymore.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    I've always had success after I attended when I had all 5 of my babies, so now I log on here and it does the same thing for me...I just need to be accountable. I have never attended meetings, only weigh ins, and that was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow! On here, it's really the same thing without the meetings I suppose...anyways, I've always found it was very helpful!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    I did it for 4 months & lost weight. It was too expensive so I decided to do it on my own since I had knew how to calculate points. I know going to meeting helps & makes you more accountable but with the economy, save the money & figure points yourself. WW website has a free forum you can join too.

$12 a week or $40 a month if you prepaid was just money that could go toward a bill or buying healthier food at the store.
  • tatoxley
    tatoxley Posts: 4
    I've been a member of WW and it does work. I especially found the meetings helpful. I learned alot from others members experiences along with the leader. I find myself slacking off when I am not accountable to anyone but myself and that's where WW was a big help with weekly weigh-ins, encouragement and support. The plan is very user friendly . I quickly realized that my idea of dieting was not correct and that WW helps you learn a healthy new lifestyle that you can live with everyday.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Wow, thanks for all the feedback. I have tried losing weight on my own but it has been a huge challenge. WW has a summer special for $129 for meetings up 'til the end of August which makes the weekly meeting around $7.50, I think this is reasonable. I've never had to pay for a weight loss group, but I am desperate. I seriously can not go though another year at the weight I am at now, I am miserable.:frown:
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    I had a friend buy me the caculator and I just figure out how many points I'm supposed to have. Throughout the day I tally up my points to see how many I have after I log all of my food. A lot of times I'm under but if its a big work out day I'm a little over but if I dont eat the extra points I dont lose the weight as fast.
  • Patti909
    Patti909 Posts: 36
    I loved WW. I got to my goal weight and now have started packing on the pounds again so I thought I would try this.
This discussion has been closed.