One year and 105 pounds gone forever!

Options
April Fools Day 2012 I decided to try to start eating better. Watch how much I ate, quit snacking so much. Set a better example for my two boys. I was 330 pounds and cringed when I got on the scale that day. I didn't actively exercise, just cut down portions and ate healthier. One month later I got back on that scale and was 310 pounds. Huh, I lost 20 pounds. Let's see what I could do when I really tried!

One year later I'm down 105 pounds. It may be more or less right now, I stopped getting on the scale a couple weeks ago because it was making or breaking my day. I won't let a number set my mood for the day. I've lost 11 inches from my thighs, 16 from my hips, 12 from my stomach, and 7 from my arms. I have a collarbone now. My double chin is gone. I've gone from a size 30/32 to a 16/18. I'm in the gym for 1 1/2 everyday, taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, and actually running for 2 miles (working up to that 5K).

I'm 25 pounds away from ONEderland. My goal is the reach that by my birthday in August when I am officially in my mid 40s :wink:

I have been on the "diet" rollercoaster for so many years but this time I decided to get off that ride. I realized now I have to forever eat the way I do and exercise is part of my daily routine. I have my off days and the old habits do sneak back in from time to time, but the difference this time is that I pick myself back up and get right back on track.

The support I have here and with my family/friends at home has been incredible. I know I couldn't have done it or keep doing it without that so thank you from the bottom of my heart

What a difference just 1 year can make :smile:

IMG_8036_zps45a96392.jpg

Replies

• NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    This is fabulous and exactly what I nedded today. Congratulations on all your accomplishments and continued success!!!! You are my inspiration for the day :drinker:
  • Audy567579
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! Seems to me you went about it the right way, realizing just changing your eating made a 20 lb. difference! Keep up the good work and can't wait to see you at goal!
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    COngrats to you! I know exactly how good it feels, because I started at 338 pounds, and we are pretty close now (though I think you look WAY better!) I too have made huge changes like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. and it feels fantastic. I sometimes wonder who this person is that gets up on the weekends and bikes and hikes instead of sitting on the couch!
  • cam3502
    cam3502 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations! You look as awesome as I am sure you feel! People like you are what motivate me so THANK YOU for sharing your story.

Blessings,
    Cam
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story -- and congratulations on your success. You look fabulous.
  • BluLotus2
    BluLotus2 Posts: 87
    Options
    Congrats, you look awesome!!!
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    COngrats to you! I know exactly how good it feels, because I started at 338 pounds, and we are pretty close now (though I think you look WAY better!) I too have made huge changes like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. and it feels fantastic. I sometimes wonder who this person is that gets up on the weekends and bikes and hikes instead of sitting on the couch!

You look incredible!! Congrats on your hard work as well!! I wonder the same about myself sometimes, where the heck were you all those years lol

Thank you all so much!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Best April fools joke ever!
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    great congrates. If you can do it, we can hopefully do it too :)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!! What a great feeling and fantastic inspiration the is!!! :)
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome... what a great story to start my day with!!!! Thank you for that!!! I am sure you will reach your goal long before Aug!
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm surprised to hear that you aren't already in wonderland, judging by your picture I would have guessed that you are already there. :)
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your success. You look fabulous. :bigsmile:
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! thanks for sharing your success!!!
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations -- I always love hearing these tales of success, motivate me to keep on keeping on!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    you are adorable!!! I am a year in-and a wee bit older than you, so mine is coming off slower-but it is coming off! congratulations on your success!!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Great job, you look good.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!