Any women in maintence eating 2000 cals?

Options
Hey! I have a very active lifestyle...being a rancher:) adn am eating anywhere from 2000-2300 cals a day! I am feeling like im going to start gaining, i need a happy medium. I'll eat 2300 one day feel guilty then eat 120 the next..its a terrible cycle! Anyone able to maintain eating 2000...while being active? THANKS!!!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i maintain on roughly net 2000 cals..... i work out 5x a week on average.... i rarely end a week with cals left.... i have been maintaining for over a year....

that help?!
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Eat More to Weigh Less" group. There it is standard to be over the 2000's in maintenance. Yes, it CAN and SHOULD be done! Otherwise, you will likely tank your metabolism.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! Oh and that 120 was supposed to be 1200!! Hahah....i wouldnt survive a minute on 120 calories!!! I feel like i work and have worked to hard to gain weight back, yet 2000 cals seems to be where i fall...I will check the group out!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I maintain on around 2000 also - I'm 36 and active in the gym 5x a week.

I would say I don't eat as much on days I don't work out and eat more on days I do, and it all averages out.

I've been maintaining for 9 years now, I've only gone up or down 5 pounds in those years. I like to think I listen to my body and not get too obsessed over it, eat when I'm hungry and don't eat when I'm not.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am eating between 2000-2500 depending on my exercise for the day! Have been maintaining my weight for about 3 months!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    2100, sometimes lower because I am still learning appropriate portion sizes and balancing meals.
  • robinbarten
    Options
    How long do you spend exercising those 5 days a week? I'm just curious.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    How long do you spend exercising those 5 days a week? I'm just curious.

45 minutes 3 days a week, and an hour and a half on my 2 leg days, those take longer because I do a lot and take a lot of rest time between sets.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not quite in maintenance yet, but I am pretty sure I will be eating at least 2000 per day. I'm losing (slowly) netting 1600, which means most days I actually eat between 1900 and 2200 depending on my workouts. And I have a desk job! I have a few other pals who are in maintenance and eating around 2000. I can imagine it takes a while to get your mind to believe you are really there. Add me if you want a friend with hearty calorie numbers.