Lose 5 pounds in a day? Colonoscopy time!

13»

Replies

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Easiest thing I ever did - peaceful sleep and woke up no problem. The prep is really the awful part!

Yeah, I'm not nearly as worried as I was.... The worst part is that on prep day I will be home alone.... maybe that's a good thing, LOL. And, if I lose 5 pounds after the procedure, I'll hit my goal of being in the 250's. :drinker: :tongue:
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Ugh. Mine is in a few weeks. I've been have BIG time problems "down there," with painful H's etc. my doc ordered a colonoscopy. My pain has really hampered my exercise. Lifting hurts, even walking hurts. Hopefully, they will figure out why my bowels are screwed up and can do something about it ... Thanks for talking about such a delicate subject!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    For me the post-procedure was the worst of it. Apparently I am very twisty up in there, and the pain from the gas was on par with full-blown labor pains. Like other posters said, they want you to fart before you get dressed. It was agony for me. Hopefully, you are built like regular people and don't have that issue. Just a heads up since you asked. Good luck tomorrow.
  • Sounds like the sh$t! But I'm going to sit this one out. Good luck!
  • motown13
    Well, in 2 hours I start the prep..... I was 100% fine with this the last few weeks, and then last night my feelings changed to dread, LOL..... not at the procedure, but at the prep.
  • motown13
    Thank you all..... As you said, the prep day was the worst part, and that wasn't even that bad. I did have a few small polyps that they said may eventually have become cancerous in a few years had I not been checked, but they say all is fine now.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Glad to hear you are okay and that they got some polyps.