Running in wings?

Hi There!

I'm thinking of doing a 10k for the race for life this year (I've been doing the 5k for about 6 years now) and I've always wanted to dress up as a bumble bee for it (not quite sure why just think it'll be fun!). I think this is bumble bee year!

But my question is; should I go with wings or will they slow me down or annoy me too much?

Replies

• weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    not a professional runner and never run in a costume, your best bet would to be try it out before the occassion
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Go for it. What's the worst that can happen? Take 'em off and leave them by the side of the road if they make you too crazy.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    only one way to find out
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Hi There!

I'm thinking of doing a 10k for the race for life this year (I've been doing the 5k for about 6 years now) and I've always wanted to dress up as a bumble bee for it (not quite sure why just think it'll be fun!). I think this is bumble bee year!

But my question is; should I go with wings or will they slow me down or annoy me too much?

you can always take them off at a water station then pick them up later on. last year i ran breast cancer 10k in a decorated bra (with bows all over it). i thought the bows were going to get in the way of my arm swings (i had them going all the way over to the sides) but after a while i just got used to the rubbing and didn't notice by the end of the race. you could always wear small wings that just sit on your back but don't extend past.