Any beer drinkers out there who still lose??

Options
Was wondering if there were any beer drinkers out there who are still losing weight and if so how??? Thanks!

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Beer isn't going to magically put on weight. If you are eating at a deficit and still getting the nutrition you need, then you can enjoy some beer. I certainly do.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I drink beer 3-4 times a week...but only 1 or 2 and they have to fit in my calories. That's how you do it.
  • krenelynch
    krenelynch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes! I refuse to give up beer so I just plan my calories around it. I have also noticed though that if I eat with the beer I don't continue to lose so on the days I drink beer (several times a week) I get my calories in early in the day.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have one every so often but make sure it is a GOOD one. I really do not like the "light" stuff.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    heck yes I still drink beer! Still losing too, just count those cals and obviously only drink within moderation
  • commandax
    commandax Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I spend three hours kickboxing on Saturday mornings, which earns me more calories than I could possibly drink and still remain ambulatory. Saturday nights are generally spent in my favorite brewpub washing down a blue cheese burger and fries with several pints of a fine IPA, and I'm still in calorie deficit when I get home. Ironically, I often find I've lost a couple pounds the next morning.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yes.

House keys and girl's telephone numbers.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 40lbs and not given up anything I enjoy, including beer. I refuse to give up all that I enjoy just for the weight loss, as I find then I will binge and lose on the progress I have made.

That being said it is all about moderation, I don't drink as much as I used to and some times I switch it up with a lower calorie beverage (like vodka water and lemon), but my main thing is making sure that I don't allow myself to binge on snack food when I am drinking the beer like I used too.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have one every so often but make sure it is a GOOD one. I really do not like the "light" stuff.

Right on with this! If I'm only having one, it better be good. I slummed last night with New Glarus Cabin Fever Honey Bock....mmmmmmm
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You just have to plan it in to your day. Also you have to some what control it and not drink 12 beers....lol.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    DRINK MORE!
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Life is too short! Drink up and go for a run! :drinker:

I think you can lose weight and still drink, no moderation, either switch to a lighter drink or exercise more, your call.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You just have to plan it in to your day. Also you have to some what control it and not drink 12 beers....lol.

Thats the hard part!!!!:drinker:
  • LB30
    LB30 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I drink beer. Usually high calorie craft beer. I would probably lose weight faster if I didn't, but I love my beer! I usually only drink it once or twice a week, but I have been known to have several depending on the social occasion. I keep meaning to challenge myself to stay away from it for a few weeks to see how much difference it makes, but I've never been one for sacrifice. :drinker: I say, if you want beer, have it. Experiment with how much of it you can drink and still lose at a rate that you are satisfied with. I know I could never cut it out completely over the long term, so I'd rather learn how to still lose weight WITH beer.
  • stillwatergirl
    stillwatergirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I gained six pounds in the past couple of months from drinking too much beer. Dealing with chronic neuralgia pain, I got into the habit of drinking 2-3 beers a night which quickly packed on the pounds (and water weight since I wasn't drinking as much water either). I have meds now that help with the pain but giving up my Amstel has been difficult because it became so habit forming to unwind. I have gone five days now with only two beers total so I am making progress. Like everyone else has said - count it in your calorie total and drink it in moderation.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    A life without (good) beer is hardly worth living.

I definitely drink it, just not every day.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    The best way is to brew what you drink. Lifting 5-20 gallons of beer makes it taste all that much better.

I don't drink every night. I drink rarely, and when I do, I drink good stuff, so the 2 - 3 I might have on a weekend doesn't really affect my overall goals.
  • Menelaus35
    Options
    Moderation, my friend. Moderation.
  • U2Amie
    U2Amie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    vodka drinker here-and I will not give it up, but moderation is totally key ;-)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Moderation! Make it fit your calories! Work out, and reward yourself with a good craft beer with dinner!

Beer is not my downfall, going over my calories is.