Not done, but over half way there

Options
2»

Replies

• maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can totally relate to the days that your body doesn't seem to want to cooperate! So unpredictable!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Well, it's that day, so I grit my teeth, and actually had the pictures taken. Since we're heading into summer, and the old pics were in sweats and a tight shirt left over from the winter, I figured I probably needed to update the wardrobe for the "bare all" comparisons. Only thing I had that I felt comfortable in sharing with the open public was an old swimsuit. Especially since I wanted to start looking and smiling at the rolls of back fat stealthily slipping away. I USED to have three, the two visible in the back shot, and one more right over the butt. However, I think the bottom one decided my body wasn't a good place to live any more, since I can barely see it!

Weight is down by 8 pounds from last month, but the measurements are either the same, or a little bit larger. Seeing as I just changed to a new tape measure (auto retract with proper tension) I'm blaming the the "gains" on the change over.

The last month has been a killer for me, due to the semester ending, finals barreling through, schedule changes, and the fact I'm not on campus every day, so getting to the gym has definitely become less "convenient"! I had decided BEFORE the semester ended I was NOT going to let the inconvenience of not being on campus every day derail all the hard work and accomplishments, so I try to make sure to hit campus regularly. Either for the weight room, or for the pool. (Hey, it may only be 25 m, but I'm NOT going to knock a free pool session!)

One of the great things that I discovered in the drive to keep things moving forward is that the eating habits I had established while classes were in session have not just stuck with me during this time of "leisure", but they have actually intensified! About the only thing that I seem to keep missing, due to timing and the fact it's NOISY to make, are my smoothies. Sometimes the cheese and cinnamon, but the smoothies are the things I find I ignore if it gets to be close to bed time, no matter where I am with calories. Often this leaves a bit of a conundrum, because I switched to the TDEE - % at the first of the month to see if I might be able to slow down the landslide of weight loss, and let the skin try to catch up! I can't tell yet if it's slowed, but I can see that it has stabilized at a reasonable rate - I'll take that as a positive for now! I don't want another bout of 40 pounds in 2 months! That's too frightening for me!

And, now for the thing everyone likes to see (and I shudder that I'm actually doing this.... The shots are NOT flattering in any shape/size/or way in my eyes!)

9sz19y.jpg
  • sa993
    sa993 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great!!! The change so far is dramatic. congrats, and keep it up!
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WTG!! I remember when I started losing rolls of fat. It was such an awesome thing to see. You are doing an absolutely wonderful job. Congrats!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    bump to get this back on radar, so I can update in 5 or 6 days
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!