Hula Hoop?

Options
This might sound silly, so please forgive me, but I've been having trouble toning my lower abs. I was thinking maybe a Hula Hoop would help me tone. Do you think this would work or is this just a ridiculous idea....

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    When you say "tone", do you mean have flatter abs or your abs show? Hula Hoop's a great exercise, ubt you're only going to get visible and/or flat abs by eating at a caloric deficit. You can't spot reduce fat. Fat loss is an all over body process brought on by eating at a caloric deficit. Your body picks and chooses where the fat comes of from when.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Funny that you speak of Hula Hoops. My wife has been wanting to get one as well. I laugh everytime she says it. But I guess it is a legit workout.
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I hoop! Hooping has given me obvious definition in the abdominal area. Its a fantastic (fun and sexy) workout! Get a hoop and get in it, I promise you won't be disappointed with your results!
  • philohagen
    Options
    Hooping burns 210 calories in half an hour according to the American Council on Exercise. The way it attacks your core area and strengthens it in the process make it really dynamic. That being said - hooping alone isn't going to give you great abs, but it's awesome when combined with diet and other exercises that target the area. I've been hooping for close to ten years and have lost about 50 pounds total. Give it a spin - but get the right size hoop for you. You're going to need an adult-sized hoop that's good for your height and weight. Hooping.org is a great resource.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It's totally a legitimate workout. I always end up with soreness in my abs, obliques, and lower back. It works that whole area. It's fantastic!