Wii Active Users?

amberchristi
amberchristi Posts: 54
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello Everyone - I apologise if this is a repeat post, but I couldn't find anything similar that has been posted within about 2 weeks, so...

I was wondering how many people here use the Wii Active program as their exercise routine? My husband bought it for me as a Christmas gift and I'm totally LOVING the routines. The only problem I have found is that I'm not really consistant in using it - I've found that it's easier to say "I'll do it later" if it's just sitting in the living room, and not out at a gym.

Does anyone else use the program consistantly? And if so, have you seen good results? I've re-commited myself to my exercise this week, and plan on using the system every other day... It would be nice to hear a success story, though! Anyone??

Replies

• sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Hi I am new to this site...I got my Wii about 3 weeks ago and am a pretty active user. I find it fun and not boring so I find about 1/2 hour during the day to just play and sweat my bootie off ;-)

I too make excuses to do it later but try to ward that off by getting on it instead of making an excuse. Keep it up and just have fun, you'll lose weight the more you use it!

Hang in there~
  • Thanks - it's hard to stay focused when you can just sit and watch TV. But, I just finished my dinner, so I'm going to give myself 30 minutes to settle down and then jump the Wii for some exercise. I'm trying my best to stay positive!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Just checking...how are you doing with your Wii are you staying focused? I've started to dvr shows love to get on my wii...try to do a few minutes at a time not all at once unless you really want to but try to complete at least 30 minutes.
  • kistjo
    kistjo Posts: 19 Member
    hey when you do use the active have you had any problems getting your character to move? i have and its very frustrating! like doing squats. I'm doing them but me on the screen isnt and so they arent counting toward my exercise goal! help! how do i solve this problem!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    I love the wii active....I have the first one and the more workouts and love them both. I'd have to say that this is something I've stuck with longer than anything else. I was going to sign up for bootcamp classes but they were wanting $65 a month, YIKES! So instead I bought the wii active games and I am so happy I did.

I cannot believe how much of a workout I get from it!
    I've had a problem with the waterskiing portion though in that my avatar won't match my actions...so far that is the only issue!
This discussion has been closed.