Seriously, who's DL is right?

Options

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I totally thought I was gonna see DeadLifting pics.. I am disappoint.
    ^This :frown:

Saw 'DL', thought Dead Lift. MFP has gotten us. It's a good thing. :)

Same here. I just got into a discussion with a friend who said she was doing "deadlifts" without bending her knees, but bending at the waist instead, and I was like how does that work? And she demonstrated and I was certain she was heading for a back injury, but she was adamant that that was what "her program" had her doing for "deadlifts." Anyhow. Obviously that's not what this thread is about, so carry on.
    I think you're talking about Romanian Deads.. They're legit.. You use much lighter weight and they have a different purpose then regular deads..
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol, omg, mine says 160. I cant wait to retake it!! I laugh so hard when i see that. must have been TWO sixty. And people say DMV employees dont have souls. :) to let me get away with that, proves they have compassion.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mine says 145 but I weigh 140 :) It's a relatively new license. My old one said 190 when I weighed 230 :x
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Mine says 260, I believe. I weigh 280, and I've had it for years, so close.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait until I weigh what my DL says I weigh!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    MA licenses don't say weight, just heigh (which is actually wrong, I found out earlier this year I'm 5'3" not 5'2' haha
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My state doesn't do that
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I totally thought I was gonna see DeadLifting pics.. I am disappoint.
    ^This :frown:

Saw 'DL', thought Dead Lift. MFP has gotten us. It's a good thing. :)

Same here. I just got into a discussion with a friend who said she was doing "deadlifts" without bending her knees, but bending at the waist instead, and I was like how does that work? And she demonstrated and I was certain she was heading for a back injury, but she was adamant that that was what "her program" had her doing for "deadlifts." Anyhow. Obviously that's not what this thread is about, so carry on.
    I think you're talking about Romanian Deads.. They're legit.. You use much lighter weight and they have a different purpose then regular deads..

Ah, yeah, I forgot about Romanian deadlifts. Now that you mention it, I'm sure that's what she was trying to do, but just when she pantomimed it, all I could think of was every pic you've seen of how to not lift a heavy object.
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ha, I can't remember a time when my DL weight was right.

Right now it says 185 and I'm 215.

When I first got it at 16 I was around 170 and my DL said 150. :tongue:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I weigh 152 on my DL and I did when I had it renewed.. now I weigh 158.. I will get it down to below my DL point though =)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    DL says 250, real weight right now is 299......but up until about 5 yrs ago it said my weight at 16 yrs old.....(which was 139).....so i consider it a success to have had the courage to finally change it to at least a LITTLE closer to my actual weight! lol
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't have weight on it. I had one from another state that used to. It said 165 when I actually weighed 198, but now I'm 154.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Looks like these are the states that don't show your weight.
    Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia

I don't see a pattern.
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Washington licenses show weight too. Mine says 130, which was accurate at the time, but now I'm about 142.
  • MsLTJ71
    MsLTJ71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine says 250 and I am 228!! YESSS!!!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My DL is straight

1838514_o.gif
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options