Not hungry to eat dinner

crucible_13
crucible_13 Posts: 54
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm gettting frustrated. I know that eating breakfast, lunch dinner and 1-2 snacks is good for the metabolism, but for the past 6-8 months, no matter how little or how much I eat for breakfast, snack and lunch, i'm too full (or maybe bloated) to eat dinner in the evenings. I've been stalled on weight loss for pretty much that amount of time as well and it's probably because I'm not eating a dinner. Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be causing this or something I could do differently?

Replies

• MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Maybe you can try to make breakfast your largest meal, using a larger part of your calories, then something smaller but significant for lunch, and a smaller mini-dinner. You def. need all of your cals!

Good luck!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    The only thing I can think of is your sodium intake. Too much of it can bloat you to where you don't feel like eating. Have you been drinking atleast 8 glasses of water? You may need more water also. :)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    I'm not much of a dinner-eater either. I tend to have a large lunch & afternoon snack and just eat a small amount at dinner - my kids eat more for dinner than I do!

Then again, I do get up really early in the mornings, so maybe by 6pm my body thinks it's nearly bedtime and not time to be eating! Would explain why I get the hungries about 3-4pm.
  • gldtalon
    gldtalon Posts: 1
    Like others have suggested try having the majority of your calories at breakfast then an average lunch with maybe just a snack type meal such as a smoothie or a piece of fruit for dinner. Little things like that don't really seem like a meal to but serve the same purpose of keeping the metabolism going.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I'm gettting frustrated. I know that eating breakfast, lunch dinner and 1-2 snacks is good for the metabolism, but for the past 6-8 months, no matter how little or how much I eat for breakfast, snack and lunch, i'm too full (or maybe bloated) to eat dinner in the evenings. I've been stalled on weight loss for pretty much that amount of time as well and it's probably because I'm not eating a dinner. Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be causing this or something I could do differently?
    You might be eating too much for those meals?

How many calories are you having for breakfast, lunch and snacks? What kind of foods are you having?
  • mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    i physically cant eat the 6 meal a day thing.. my schedule just doesnt allow it.. so i usually eat a moderate breakfast, a huge lunch, and a tiny dinner.. although i work nights so lunch is at 930pm and my main meal of the day, and "dinner" or what i call breakfast again, is at 2 or 3 in the morning..
  • writer190
    writer190 Posts: 51 Member
    You might consider eating smaller portions of higher-calorie foods throughout the day. You could try nuts, hard-boiled eggs, peanut butter, granola bars, etc. That way your meals would be small, but you'd still be meeting your calorie goal and your metabolism wouldn't slow down.
This discussion has been closed.