Homemade hamburger patties?

Options
thendrick
thendrick Posts: 102 Member
Do you have a great, low cal recipe using lean ground beef?

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I don't have the nutritional info on me, but here's what I do...
    I mince up about half an onion (or more... I eyeball it and then weigh it after) and mix it into the lean hamburger. I'll also add a couple teaspoons of Worsteschire (sp?) sauce and a bit of ketchup. Then I spice it up with some salt and pepper and a little bit of garlic powder. You can add any other spices you like, of course. I don't add any eggs to bind because I cook my burgers on the George Foreman and that keeps everything held together well.
    It doesn't add a ton of stuff other than what's in the hamburger to begin with. It's super tasty, and really easy to customize to flavors you like.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't have the nutritional info on me, but here's what I do...
    I mince up about half an onion (or more... I eyeball it and then weigh it after) and mix it into the lean hamburger. I'll also add a couple teaspoons of Worsteschire (sp?) sauce and a bit of ketchup. Then I spice it up with some salt and pepper and a little bit of garlic powder. You can add any other spices you like, of course. I don't add any eggs to bind because I cook my burgers on the George Foreman and that keeps everything held together well.
    It doesn't add a ton of stuff other than what's in the hamburger to begin with. It's super tasty, and really easy to customize to flavors you like.
    Sounds good! That's what I'll try! Thanks!
  • oh_my_misty
    Options
    Satay Pork Burgers (chicken or beef)

Satay sauce:
    2 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1/2 cup 97% fat free mayonnaise
    1 cup red curry paste
    1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce 43% less salt

Burger:
    500g lean pork mince
    1 egg white
    2 teaspoons salt reduced chicken style stock powder
    1 teaspon crushed garlic (in jar)
    1 teaspoon crushed ginger (in jar)
    1 tablespoon Thai seasoning
    2 teaspoons lemongrass (in jar)
    cooking spray

6x50g multi-grain bread rolls
    2 small tomatoes sliced
    24 slices cucumber
    3 cups lettuce shredded

To make sauce:
    In a small bowl combine satay sauce ingredients mixing well.

To make burger:
    In a large mixing bowl combine mince, egg white, stock powder,garlic,ginger,Thai seasoning and lemongrass. Use your hands to combine mixture and divided into 6 round shaped burger patties. In a large non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray, fry burgers until cooked on both sides.

To assemble burger:
    Cut rolls in half, grill until toasted brown, Place salad on bas of bun then top with burger and a sixth of satay sauce.

Variations: Omit bread roll and have burger on their own with the sauce or replace the pork mince with raw lean chicken or very lean beef mince.

Per sserve:
    Pork Beef Chicken Pork patty ONLY
    Fat total - 12.7g 12.6g 13.6g 10.6g
    saturated - 3.1g 3.4g 3.0g 2.9g
    Fibre - 5.4g 5.4g 5.4g 2.3g
    Protein - 25.5g 25.7g 24.8g 20.6g
    carbs - 33.8g 33.8g 33.8g 8.6g
    sugar - 9.2g 9.2g 9.2g 7.2g
    sodium - 660mg 659mg 671mg 375mg
    calories - 352 352 357 212

From the book Symply too good to be true by Annette Sym. % books in all great eating and reading.