ut oh, potential cold?!

Options
nicoleekristenn
nicoleekristenn Posts: 14 Member
Yesterday I started to feel my throat getting a little sore, not painful, but just off. I brushed it off as nothing, but today that tickle in my throat definitely is there. It's still just a hint but I have big plans this weekend that I absolutely can't be sick for. What are your best cold fighting tips?

Thanks!

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I just drug myself up with cold meds until it's gone.. hardly notice it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of cold water. Maybe even ad lemon. That should help you cope with the throat part at least.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Zinc, vitamin C and extra sleep. Especially extra sleep.
  • Irontri7
    Irontri7 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Start gargling with warm salt water 3-4x/day. Don't eat or drink for 30min after. Also, plenty of water and vitamin C.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I actually have a fool proof plan on this, grab your man, go turn up the heat to 85-90 and knock boots for 30 mins. I swear if you catch it soon enough it works every time. THis is not BS.
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    Best advice. Try to drink more than a gallon of water today and everyday that you feel sick. Also eat a lot of fruit (whole fruit if possible) so you can get natural vitamin C. Last thing, don't work out or stress yourself at your job. You will be sicker, for longer, if your body is trying to recover from a workout or run session. It's always helped me to keep that in mind.

Feel better hun.
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    I actually have a fool proof plan on this, grab your man, go turn up the heat to 85-90 and knock boots for 30 mins. I swear if you catch it soon enough it works every time. THis is not BS.

That's cute...knock boots.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Buy Mucinex D. You'll feel better once you take that after a couple days.