Bragging on my sweetheart

Options
concordancia
concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
I am pretty sure my man has been doing weightloss research behind my back. A week or so ago, I said something about the scale being stuck and he said I was probably building muscle. Sweet, honey, but somehow I doubt I have found the sweet spot of perfectly balanced fat loss and muscle building. Today, he caught me poking my belly. I looked up and said "it won't go away." He responded that sometimes you reach a plateau because your body needs to adjust...

I suppose he could have picked this stuff up from his sisters, but a couple of months ago weight loss seemed a foreign topic to him and now he says things like this. Things a scrawny man can only learn second hand; things that have never left my mouth I his presence, things that are plastered all over the interwebz. It would seem my man is trying to learn what he can to support me in this struggle.

For those keeping track of me, yes, I thought I had broken through the plateau, but the scale is back up to 200.

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That is nice of him, I don't know what to say about your plateau though. maybe it could be water weight?
  • CP_9712
    CP_9712 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    aw thats sweet. =D Yeah plateaus are a *****.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Oh, I remember what the other thing was - he commented about how things will get saggier before they get tighter. At least I won't have to justify myself to him ;)