Will Advocare 24 Day Challenge make me too bulky?

Options
I have started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and am using Catalyst as well. I have seen many people who have had great weight loss results, but I haven't seen any results from people who were not big to begin with. I am just curious if this could make me bulk up as I am 125 pounds. I would like to lose a little and get more toned, but not bigger. Could all this protein do this? I don't do heavy lifting, just pilates and running. Has anyone who was not overweight to begin with had good results with this program?

Replies

• ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    No, it will not make you bulky.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    No. You said you don't even lift. What would you get bulky from?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You will only get bulky if you consume more calories than your body expends. You will find, however, that if you start lifting heavy, your muscle-tone will improve. Simply losing weight through cardio will make you always look like you have another ten pounds to lose.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You will only get bulky if you consume more calories than your body expends. You will find, however, that if you start lifting heavy, your muscle-tone will improve. Simply losing weight through cardio will make you always look like you have another ten pounds to lose.

This. It's impossibly for you to bulk up unless you actually spent your days dedicated to JUST that! Women actually "tone" (as you say) when they lift heavy weight and consume enough protein. Cardio and light weights will just make you look "thinner" with clothes on... but when the clothes come off, meh...

Look into lifting heavy! It does the body good, and you cannot get bulky! http://muffin-topless.com/2013/03/08/my-beef-with-the-word-toned/ This is such an important article to read!!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and am using Catalyst as well. I have seen many people who have had great weight loss results, but I haven't seen any results from people who were not big to begin with. I am just curious if this could make me bulk up as I am 125 pounds. I would like to lose a little and get more toned, but not bigger. Could all this protein do this? I don't do heavy lifting, just pilates and running. Has anyone who was not overweight to begin with had good results with this program?

PS: I'm not overweight... and I'm having great results with this program while using Catalyst! I do cardio only twice a week, and the rest is heavy lifting and HIIT.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

PS: I'm not overweight... and I'm having great results with this program while using Catalyst! I do cardio only twice a week, and the rest is heavy lifting and HIIT.

This is great info. Women generally will not bulk up even from lifting, mainly because they do not produce enough testosterone. You should be fine on the 24 Day Challenge, even with the Catalyst.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The only thing that makes a woman bulky is fat. In fact, lifting heavy will just improve strength and unless you are eating a surplus of calories, you can't add any muscle mass.

Heck, even if you did lift heavy and pack on 10-20 lbs of muscle, you would probably have a tighter and leaner body as demonstrated in the link below.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/