I want some crunchy friends!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal, baby. I believe in not exposing children to diseases, pain meds, shaving my vag, children learning and growing around other kids, and supporting our economy by buying makeup/cleaning supplies/MEAT/etc.
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    what exactly does it mean to be crunchy?

Hope someone answers you cause I'm completely lost here...lol

lol me too, I thought we were all semi squishy, hence the diets ;P
  • jersey_jenn
    Options
    Crunchy as in "crunchy granola" .... granola = hippies. Hippies = sometimes they don't vaccinate their kids.

ohhhh... thanks lol
  • jersey_jenn
    Options
    http://themoralesfamily.us/granola.htm Take this quiz to find out lol

cool quiz, apparently i'm oatmeal lol :D
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I'm crunchy-light.

Med-free hospitalized births, vaccinated, "extended" BFing, baby-wearing mama.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    (no, not to snack on :p)

Are there any other crunchy mamas on MFP? I"m 32, mom of 2 unvaxed, born at home, healthy kids! Not looking for people's opinions on my choices, strictly looking for FRIENDS.

Anyone?

No judgement, I just have an honest question about vaccinations: aren't certain vaccinations required for enrollment in school? If I recall, I had to have several shots before my parents were even ALLOWED to register me for middle school.
    Side note, I'd love to be your friend! I'm online daily and I try to keep up with everyone on my news feed :)

I think that varies by state/Country. In Canada you may opt out for philosophical reasons and all you need is a notarized exemption letter.

I straight up don't understand this. I don't see the point in having the rule if you can opt out for hazily defined 'philosophical reasons'. The inviolate 'religious reasons' excuse is bad enough.

I philosophically disagree with filing my taxes, but I can't get an exemption letter for them. Funny that.

My ire is with the system on this, by the way, not the OP.

It is strange that they "require" it but don't, I agree.
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Semi squishy :laugh:
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    FYI, the quiz doesn't apply well to men, LOL.

My wife and I are quite in agreement here, though, so I put in what we did with our children, and result is:

129-90 Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch!

... so I guess I'm crunchy?
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I have no idea what you mean by crunchy.
    I am more like a marshmallow myself :P
    I think people who dont vaccinate are not only put their own kids at risk but also their country.
    Home births are kwl-not that id be brave enough!! Give me gas and air, epidural, C-section anyday..
    Im not a mamma...but would love to be.
    It may help you to find people with the same weight loss goals as you ...it will make it easier to share recipes and tips.
    Check out the groups too-that is the best place to find like-minded people.

Good luck

Anyone feel free to add-as long as youre going to post/talk once every six months and not just lurk!!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    FYI, the quiz doesn't apply well to men, LOL.

My wife and I are quite in agreement here, though, so I put in what we did with our children, and result is:

129-90 Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch!

... so I guess I'm crunchy?

Yes! You definitely don't have to be a woman, or a parent to be crunchy! LOL And we're already friends!!! I knew I liked your posts for a reason :p
  • jessiedaniel9
    jessiedaniel9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Scrunchy momma of a 3mo looking for friends an motivation here. <3