random - I'm a dork!

Options
stylistchik
stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
Ok I had to share this because I'm sure a few of you can relate - or not. My girlfriends and I have all been really busy so we planned to get together tonight for drinks at someone's house. Well I haven't gone out in months not to mention drinking. I don't like drinking if I don't plan on getting drunk because its just empty calories. I have no desire to get drunk. So i went out and bought a 6 pack of diet root beer (for the bottles - obviously) to drink on my 'girls night out' and I'm not gonna lie I'm excited! I won't feel like I'm the oddball out because I'll have drinks and I'm excited to catch up with my friends.

I just find it funny that my 'splurging' is on diet pop!! :drinker:

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LOL - that's great though!! Have fun catching up :heart:
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I'm having a girls night on Thursday and everyone brings high calorie snacks and drinks. I went out today and bought light cool whip. I'm going to bring strawberries, pineapple, grapes, and cool whip to dip. I'm also going to bring this drink I like called Topo Chico--it's a carbonated water drink with lime, comes in a glass bottle, and sort of feels like I'm drinking a beer, only it has no calories. :laugh:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I'm having a girls night on Thursday and everyone brings high calorie snacks and drinks. I went out today and bought light cool whip. I'm going to bring strawberries, pineapple, grapes, and cool whip to dip. I'm also going to bring this drink I like called Topo Chico--it's a carbonated water drink with lime, comes in a glass bottle, and sort of feels like I'm drinking a beer, only it has no calories. :laugh:

I might have to check that out! Can you buy it anywhere??

And good Idea for the cool whip and fruit. I'm bringing home-made guacamole and pita chips to a cinco de mayo party next week.a lime drink might be nice to have :wink:
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's a product from Mexico, so it's easy to find in Texas, where I live. I'm not sure where you're from, but here I can get it in any Mexican grocery store.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I've hardly touched alcohol since Christmas. I had a glass of wine with dinner last night and it just wasn't worth it. I guess I would go for a beer if I really was going to splurge, but I would frankly just rather eat the calories. I like to order unsweetened ice tea at bars. It kind of looks like a glass of beer, after all!