How do you measure Nautilus/weight circuit?

Options
bipr
bipr Posts: 7 Member
I usually do 20 minutes or so of work on the weight machines (Nautilus or similar) at the gym before hopping on the treadmill. Is there a way to do an aggregate "moderate effort" calorie count for moving briskly from one machine to the other? Weight Watchers gives it 1 point, which is about 70 calories. Other databases I've seen would put it in that general range, up to 100 or 115 calories (I weight 120). It just seems too tedious to report each and every of the 10-12 machines I use... reps... weights per machine, etc.
Thanks.

Replies

• tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you search the Cardio exercise database with the keyword "circuit" there are two choices. The "Curves Circuit Training" option gave me 131 calories for 20 minutes. And you are always free to type your own calorie count in place of the MFP estimate if you want to use the Weight Watchers equivalent instead.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    In the MFP data base try circuit training, general. I think the count is very generous (around 600 cal/hr for a 177 lb male) but you can adjust it accordingly.

It also assumes little or no rest between excercises