Tis the weekend of calling it quits..

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I realized that on top of being able to take my pride and quit a marathon I also decided to quit dating. It seems like a small thing but i think it will be so much better in the end. Im sick of rejection, cheating, lying and other general pain associated with the dating world. I think the pain i felt yesterday was much easier to deal with. I dont even really have hope that a guy will come along anymore. I am gonna stick with running and working out and hopefully achieve greatness with that.

Replies

• sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    This one kind of made me smile because I've decided to quit dating too. Right now I am focused on me and helping me. Dating is just too much hassle, too much work and too much investment away from cleaning up and clearing out me.

It's pretty selfish but maybe it's not?

Anyway our reasons for quitting are slightly different but let's be quitters together! Haha!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I quit a long time ago! LOL I started to focus on myself. I like it better that way!
  • HalloweenMom
    Options
    My love: I'm sorry to hear that! I really am. Love is painful, stressful, complicated and very hard to reach. Sounds like my journey to weight loss. I don't think you should give up in ANYTHING that makes you happy, LOVE (although sometimes frustrating) can be very joyful, very BEAUTIFUL when you meet the right person. I don't think you should go out there looking for it, but DON'T give up. I put it like this: You have to meet a thousand of douche bags before you meet "THE ONE" - Please get through and let him come to you, he will. Use the douche bags as training or a learning experience. You will meet him soon and he will love you and show you how WONDERFUL LOVE can be. I trust that, PLEASE don't give up. Life is about LOVE. There is no happy life without it.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    For both of you:
    The best relationships happen when you AREN'T looking for them. Focus on yourselves and if it happens it happens, but no need to look for it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ok let me clarify. I did not give up. I took a break from dating to focus on myself and better myself as a person. Inside and out.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I also am on a "break" from dating. I quit my job and relocated myself almost a year ago. Just trying to better myself and figure out what I really want. Who needs a man messing up their dreams ;)