How can I fit exercise around school?

Options
13»

Replies

• 00ally00
    00ally00 Posts: 2
    Options
    OP here. Thanks for all the tips from everyone! Just to clarify a bit, I'm taking a full load of classes (a few of them are redos from high school), am working, doing volunteer work, and I happen to be slower when it comes to studing. I may be able to cut back the volunteering a bit, but my parents are requiring me to do that if I want help paying for school. Also, to respond to a few at once, I don't own a TV and usually don't have time for lesiure browsing on my computer.
    Can you not walk to school?
    I do, but my dorm is practically across the street from most of my classes. :/
    Pick two: Doing well in school, sleep, exercising, having a social life. Gonna have to give up two of those things, because fitting all of that in is very hard to do.
    Darn, since I don't have a social life looks like sleep is gonna go out the window.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You dont find time you make it. When in school theres always the pressure that every minute should be spent studying but this kind of stress is counter productive . Stop srudying for an hour to focus on your health and reset your brain. You'll perform better at everything you do. I made time to work out and came back to studies with a vengeance graduating with distiction. Tryingkilling two birds with one stone reading on the elyptical or making friends in group sports . When clubbing dance off that booty instead of drinking yourself fat
  • steve_fitnesspal
    Options
    Heya, Ally. There have been some good tips and some tough love in the previous posters.

I also have an extremely busy life but the key i have found to managing it all and fitting everything in is to create a schedule and following it.

There are plenty of apps out there that can assist, excel spreadsheet, paper and pen, whatever. Make a schedule, set your increments to 5 minutes, include the time it takes to do everything. Once you map out your standard schedule you can find the gaps to fit in things. As for exercise, i would include this in with studying. Every 15-20 minutes, take a 3-5 minute break to work out. There are a lot of sites/apps that have exercises to do at home with minimal equipment. Heck just push-ups, squat thrusts/burpies, situps and a jump rope alone will do the job.

Also once you get onto a schedule stick to it religiously. The more you do something the more efficient you will become and you will actually create more time.

I'm fairly sure that even with all your activities if you map things out you will find the room.

You only need to do 30-45 minutes a day with watching calories and food intake to see results.

"With no plan, there is no attack. With no attack, there is no victory."

=)

Good Luck!
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in college. I also work part-time, and am involved with a few clubs and my sorority.
    I'm currently doing Insanity and I make time every day to do it either before or after classes. Or, if I have time in between, I make a point to do it.
    Sometimes I get up a little early and take a short walk to the gym. Or, I get up really early and make the 20-minute drive to my nearest Planet Fitness, just because I like it better. Sometimes, I wait until later and go after I get out of work.
    My school also offers a free Zumba class on Monday evenings and I make a point to go. There's a yoga studio just outside of town that offers a $5 happy hour session on Friday evenings. I usually have friends that want to see me then, but I make a point to go and see them later.
    Point is, you have time. You can get up earlier, or stay up later. Find time between classes and friends. You had time to make this post, you have time to exercise.
    "If you want it, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You just do it, no excuses.

I work full time, go to school part time, have a 4 year old, a husband, house to take care of. I make exercise a priority. I also have well defined goals about what I want to get out of exercise. Those goals have nothing to do with losing weight.