Replies

• whairigaila
    whairigaila Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm from Glasgow - feel free to add me xx
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Hey, I am from Leeds, anyone feel free to add :)
  • ChristinaSabbagh1
    ChristinaSabbagh1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 22 from Scotland, have a BSc in Physiology and currently studying part time level 2 gym instructing, then level 3 PT. Also doing 30 day shred, on level 3 just now. Started at level 3, so using it to supplement my normal work out routine until the 30 days are up! A lot of people have said they haven't lost much weight on the scales, but have seen a difference in their measurements. That's because your body composition is changing. Muscle weighs more than fat, so essentially muscle takes up less 'area' than fat so your body is shrinking, but you could still stay at the same weight. The main thing is that your composition and metabolism are changing for the better :) Good to get a body stat test done and find out body fat % and lean muscle.. if you're wanting to know of course :p Ramble.. :) Anyone feel free to add, more Scottish friends would be good :p
  • Graham_077
    Graham_077 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    From sunny (laugh's away to himself) Aberdeen. Feel free to add me :)
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 22 from Scotland, have a BSc in Physiology and currently studying part time level 2 gym instructing, then level 3 PT. Also doing 30 day shred, on level 3 just now. Started at level 3, so using it to supplement my normal work out routine until the 30 days are up! A lot of people have said they haven't lost much weight on the scales, but have seen a difference in their measurements. That's because your body composition is changing. Muscle weighs more than fat, so essentially muscle takes up less 'area' than fat so your body is shrinking, but you could still stay at the same weight. The main thing is that your composition and metabolism are changing for the better :) Good to get a body stat test done and find out body fat % and lean muscle.. if you're wanting to know of course :p Ramble.. :) Anyone feel free to add, more Scottish friends would be good :p

Sorry to interject but OP; this is right however muscle does not weigh anymore than fat, it's just more compact and dense.

1kg fat is equivilent to 1kg muscle.
  • redshaz73
    redshaz73 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi

I am from Newcastle but living in Nottingham now. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Sorry to interject but OP; this is right however muscle does not weigh anymore than fat, it's just more compact and dense.

So, in your world, EVERYTHING weighs the same?
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options

So, in your world, EVERYTHING weighs the same?

• viv2210
    viv2210 Posts: 5
    Options
    Im from Glasgow !! feel free to add ! x
  • soontobemrsrees
    Options
    I'm UK feel free to add!
  • noo1981
    noo1981 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Claire

I'm from down south and a mum to a 6 yr old!. im looking to make friends and gain supoprt from MFP :)

feel free to add me :)

Nat
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! So nice to find you. :) I posted this in another thread (no replies yet, so I'm trying the "Mohammad come to the mountain" approach and posting here). May I be forgiven for the re-post. :o
    After much wavering, I finally narrowed down my choices and decided to spend remaining days of my fall European vacation in Scotland. Now I am faced with hundreds of towns and lakes very little time and it is overwhelming. I thought that perhaps some locals here can offer valuable advice.

Primary purpose of this trip will be scouting out a place to rent a house in July of next year. I want it to be a dream vacation with our toddler son. I will save for it, save our vacation time, and I'm looking forward to it very much.

If there are some locals here, could you advice what place can satisfy all of these criteria:

1). Stunning scenery and fresh air, lots of outdoorsy stuff to do. Low crime, of course.
    2). Access to good fresh produce and preferably organic dairy, meat and wild fish.
    3). A town or a village with some restaurants/bakeries with good food.
    4). Possibility of renting a nicer home, with large outdoor space.
    5). Friendly locals and nice lively atmosphere.

Would you recommend coastline or the highlands? What should I know that most visitors don't?

I liked this home http://www.ardfenaiglodgemull.com/ (don't know much about location) but than I saw "children over 8 are welcome) :( What am I supposed to do with a 3 year old? This vacation is so that we can all spend time together as a family.
    House looks nice, I would love to rent something like that.

So this fall we (just DH and I) will go and will only spend 4-6 days. I'd like to do something outdoorsy (like to see gorgeous scenery on horseback, perhaps multi-day horse or hike trip) take stunning photos of the most beautiful scenery and decide on a place to rent next year.

This years short trip is beginning of October. Next year I want to leave NYC for the entire month July (dust, bad smells, blazing sun and 90 degrees).

Thank you so much for any help you can give me!
  • psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a Hullite (Hull, UK lol) hello all >:) added
  • xonjro
    xonjro Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey! Fellow UK-er... South coast! feel free to add
  • xena36
    xena36 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm from farnborough, Hampshire. Just started back again and looking for friends for motivation.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am living in Newcastle Upon Tyne! anyone around this area feel free to add me!

Congrats to OP!
  • kerrirob1
    kerrirob1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hello! i'm live in stirling, and have just joined up. well done on your weight loss OP! hoping i can achieve similar weight loss!
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    Hello, I'm from just outside Glasgow, well done on your weight loss and you can add me if you like!x
  • skivinspannah
    Options
    Hi I'm in the uk and would love the support. I've added some of you but please feel free to add me - its too long and hard a road to be on on your own! :-)
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Didn't realise my topic was being replied to again, lovely to hear from you all. I'm now over 3 stone down ans have completed the 30 Day Shred, I made a topic on my results:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973809-30-day-shred-results-and-my-story-so-far-with-pics

Just in case you fancy a read. Will accept my new friend requests!

Claire