Eating right when you get up?

Options
I have a VERY hard time eating right when i get up, but the life style plan i have chosen to follow requires i eat within 30mins of waking up.
Now, I was primal for some time and ate eggs everyday - sometimes twice a day - that was over a year ago and now I cant touch an egg it grosses me out. so eggs are completely out.

Whats a quick, good meal for the mornings?

Replies

• saralayne42
    saralayne42 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    On very busy weeks, my husband will make pumpkin quinoa and keep it in the fridge. It's good cold or warmed up.
    1 can pumpkin puree (don't get the pumpkin pie filling)
    1 cup quinoa
    2 cups water
    spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, clove...whatever you like
    slivered almonds
    your sweetener of choice (we use raw sugar. you don't need much)
    cook the quinoa in the water. Once cooked, add pumpkin, spices, almonds and anything else you'd like.

i take it to work, warm it up a little and splash some milk into it.

Smoothies are also good. I use frozen fruit, spinach and milk for mine.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be awkward, but why not choose (create) a lifestyle plan that suits you? I don't like eating right when I wake up either, so I just don't. I made my own plan. :smile:

ETA: I see you had lap-band surgery - is that why you have to have breakfast right away? I guess if I had to have it right away, I'd probably make it liquid, like a protein shake or smoothie.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    With 3 kids & school mornings, eating right & quickly is hard! I've tried every high-fiber "bar" & drink out there...fiber doesn't keep me going, protein does, & let's face it, protein bars are nasty. I've got two different smoothies/drinks I love that keep me going!

Smoothie:
    1/2 cup almond milk (I prefer unsweetened vanilla)
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    oats
    milled flaxseed (add this to blender first with oats & blend dry....less "grainy")
    fruit (I prefer frozen strawberries...I prepackage them on Sunday in snack baggies to be able to "dump-n-go" in the morning)
    1 scoop "Greens" by ItWorks (pricey, but gives me veggie vitamins without actual veggie taste-orange flavor)

Drink:
    1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup protein powder
    1 scoop "Greens"