Are you sure probiotics are good for you?

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Because whenever I get sick the doctor gives me antibotics and I feel better

trolling troll is trolling, but probiotics are the shizz nit.

everybody should be taking them.
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    different bacteria, though I am almost certain you are being facetious
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    There ain't no bugs in me.
    There ain't no bugs in me.
    There might be bugs in some of your guts.
    But there ain't no bugs in me.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    @kemosabe: I hear fecal transplants work wonders too.

I'm a pharmacist and read an article recently that some drug company is making a more publicly accepted version of this in capsule form - they're calling it RePOOPulate. No joke, that's seriously the name.

I would seriously buy it. Fecal implants are actually proven to work in many cases. Probiotics taken orally as a supplement are quite iffy.

they're not as bad if they're refrigerated. now... probiotics you DON'T have to refrigerate are probably BS.

but hell, just drink Kefir or other live culture yogurt and fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, etc. or better yet, do both. :)
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I'm a pharmacist and read an article recently that some drug company is making a more publicly accepted version of this in capsule form - they're calling it RePOOPulate. No joke, that's seriously the name.

I would seriously buy it. Fecal implants are actually proven to work in many cases. Probiotics taken orally as a supplement are quite iffy.

they're not as bad if they're refrigerated. now... probiotics you DON'T have to refrigerate are probably BS.

but hell, just drink Kefir or other live culture yogurt and fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, etc. or better yet, do both. :)

^^^THIS^^^ Pro-biotics along with a better diet are all that most people need. One of the problems with our high-sugar diets is that sugar kills off the good bacteria and promotes the bad ones (along with promoting nasty fungi as well). The human gut is lined with immune cells and those immune cells do not function well without the symbiotic relationship that they are supposed to have with intestinal bacteria. Sugar is a killer in a great many ways.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Fecal transplant?? WTH??
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

^^^THIS^^^ Pro-biotics along with a better diet are all that most people need. One of the problems with our high-sugar diets is that sugar kills off the good bacteria and promotes the bad ones (along with promoting nasty fungi as well). The human gut is lined with immune cells and those immune cells do not function well without the symbiotic relationship that they are supposed to have with intestinal bacteria. Sugar is a killer in a great many ways.

Not sure if there is any valdity but considering the source I would guess this is mostly made up.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Not sure if there is any valdity but considering the source I would guess this is mostly made up.

LOL go ask your IIFYM friends about whether we need bacteria in our stomachs. They'll say yes.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

LOL go ask your IIFYM friends about whether we need bacteria in our stomachs. They'll say yes.

I was not debating that and after reading the post again I wasn't referring to your comment as the source. I was referring to mulb comments about sugar killing good bacteria and feeding bad bacteria and growing fungi in your stomach.
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    eddie_murphy_wtf_gif0rq83_zps093107e6.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!! I love this. :laugh:
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    feaces
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    This hurts. I thought this was a safe place for me to ask questions

I do love the lab coat BRO!
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Because whenever I get sick the doctor gives me antibotics and I feel better

There's a chance.. just a slight chance.. that some people didn't get the joke.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HF2TVPj
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    lolz
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    You could just stick to fecal transplant lol
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I was not debating that and after reading the post again I wasn't referring to your comment as the source. I was referring to mulb comments about sugar killing good bacteria and feeding bad bacteria and growing fungi in your stomach.

Shows how much you know. Ever heard of candidiasis? No? Thought not. (And I didn't say "stomach," I said "gut" medical-speak for the "intestines.") You really shouldn't disparage the information offered by others when you don't understand what they have said.
    033001 Posts: 5
    Options
    Probiotics help build up your digestive system. Some digestive disorders happen when the balance of bacteria in the intestines becomes disturbed. This can happen after an infection or after taking antibiotics. Intestinal problems can also arise when the lining of the intestines is damaged.“Probiotics can improve intestinal function and maintain the integrity of the lining of the intestines,”
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad that no one got the joke. :-(
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I hope you are joking.

Joking. Recent facebook photo.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yes, Dr. Oz recommends them and he is a DR so they must be good for you ...