fave post workout smoothies?

Options
mumtoonegirl
mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
I need to get my calories up, I need strong proteins for my post-workout....

So I am going to go the smoothie route because I can put a lot in there and hopefully get my calories up AND my protein for after workouts.

Can people share their fave post-workout smoothies and if you have weblinks that would be awesome so I can pin them on pintrest.

Thanks!

Replies

• erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love this!

1/2 orange juice (or half water half OJ)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple
    Sometimes I toss in a few frozen mango chunks.

Protein: 39 grams
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you want to get your calories up post work out you might want to consider eating your protein.

I usually have my largest meal post work out and get in about 1000 to 1600 cals; of course my situation may be a little different than yours, so you might not want to be getting that much in post work out..

But if you have some steak and brown rice or something you will get protein and carbs post workout and cals too....
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    if you want to get your calories up post work out you might want to consider eating your protein.

I usually have my largest meal post work out and get in about 1000 to 1600 cals; of course my situation may be a little different than yours, so you might not want to be getting that much in post work out..

But if you have some steak and brown rice or something you will get protein and carbs post workout and cals too....

^^ this

However my favorite protein smoothie is 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup milk and 1 scoop protein powder
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options

I go to the gym at 9:00 at night as that is the only time I can get there, I go to bed at 11:00, a full meal is not an option... if I was able to go before my dinner hour I would do this absolutely and have a pre-workout snack instead.

If I ate something heavy that close to bed my gastoral issues would be out of control.... thanks for the tip though I do really appreciate your input! I am only looking to get my calories up a couple hundred at the most.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in that case you can do like three scoops of chocolate flavored protein with some peanut butter and greek yogurt and crushed ice with fruit if you want..that should be about 400 cals...