Meals/Recipes?

Options
irisherin82
irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
Hi Everyone!

I'm really bad at coming up with new healthy recipes (for breakfast, lunch or dinner). I'm in need of ideas/recipes for not too difficult breakfast, lunch and dinners? I work full time and 3 to 4 days a week I attend a boot camp class after work (and need to go to the gym 2 or 3 other days/nights), but I'm not home until 7:30pm. I have myself and my fiance to make meals for..... I hate deciding to eat out because it sounds easier and less time consuming than making something, and would really rather eat something at home that I made! I know if I could really start eating at home and making healthier food choices, I could probably see the weight come off. My body has changed a bit since doing the boot camp class, but not as much as I'd hoped and I'm thinking thats due to my eating (possibly not eating enough as well)! Please feel free to email or post any and all recipes or ideas!

Thanks!

Replies

• pdhanya
    pdhanya Posts: 2
    Options
    Not sure if you're into shellfish, I guess you could substitute chicken breast/ turkey
    Sandwich: Shrimp Salad Pita
    Combine:
    3 oz. cooked shrimp (mini or chopped)
    1 tbsp. light mayonnaise
    1 pinch dried dill or 1/2 tsp. snipped fresh dill (optional)
    1 tsp. lemon juice (optional)

Stuff shrimp salad into a 6-in whole-wheat pita with:
    lettuce and tomato (optional)

Calories: 303 Fat: 4g

It tastes amazing, takes almost 10 minutes to make..
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm super lazy when it comes to food during the week and I usually hate to fall back on Lean Cuisines, etc. because they are LOADED with sodium so here are some of my faves:

I get frozen mahi fillets (you can use fresh, I just get frozen for the cost and convenience) and sprinkle with pepper and garlic salt and bake then throw them in the fridge to put on salads throughout the week. I sometimes sprinkle old bay on them too, but that's a Maryland thing :)

I hard boil eggs on the weekend, then put the whites on toast as a really fast egg sandwich in the mornings.

Shrimp cook crazy fast and can be added to pasta, salads, or just eaten with a little spicy sauce or whatever you're into!

I don't eat meat anymore (well, any land creatures) but when I did I made turkey burger wraps! Fewer carbs and calories than a bun. Just cut cooked turkey burgers into strips and add the usual burger fixins (onions, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, mustard, ketchup) in a large, whole wheat wrap. Serve with some baked veggie fries for a yummy fast food-esque meal.
  • libra_xv
    libra_xv Posts: 4
    Options
    I am a huge fan of wraps! I usually do veggie wraps with a whole wheat tortilla, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers occasionally, cheese, and light ranch. You can always make it with tuna, or chicken, or turkey, or deli meats! very economic, low cal, and delicious.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I cook egg muffins on Sundays for me to grab and go for breakfast during the week. I will cook dinner for the week as well (this week its meatloaf) and that will last 2-3 nights. But I'm boring!
  • determined136
    Options
    I love little breakfast omlettes cooked in a muffin tin. Use the tin foil cupcake liners and no messy cleanup.

I add the chopped veggies of my choice and any meat or cheese. Usually a couple of chucks of ham. Fill about 1/2 full with veggies/meat/cheese. Then I use 6 egg whites and two whole eggs ....salt and pepper and pour evenly over the top of the veggies. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.

I serve with a little salsa. I also bake several trays of these and my kids pop them in the microwave for breakfast.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Check out theyummylife.com. She has a lot of different things you make ahead and is easy to put together in a busy life style. I find a crock pot helps me on busy days to come home to a home cooked meal.

On of my favorite busy recipes for breakfast is theyummylife.com apple cinnamon overnight oatmeal. It's delicious! You have to look on the website for exact measurements but it's oatmeal, chia seeds, milk, yogurt, cinnamon and honey mixed together wtih apple sauce. I like to top it with some fresh green apple at work. You make it the night before so it can be refridgerated overnight and will stay a couple days in the fridge. She also has overnight oatmeal smoothies.

Lunches I love making sandwiches. Sometimes I do salads. Theyummylife.com also has salad in a jar quinoa salads (my fav is the curry one).

dinners i use my crock pot or I have some type of meat that is ready to be thrown in the oven with some veggies.
  • irisherin82
    irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the awesome ideas everyone :)