chocolate milk....

Options
After a good workout, should i have a protein shake or is chocolate milk a good choice?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits into your day.

A protein shake is typically taken to increase the amount of one's protein consumption for the day and help reach whatever their protein goal is.

Do you think chocolate milk is going to do something other than quench your thirst..?
  • shannonsjourney1
    shannonsjourney1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it is a good protein/ carb drink to have after a workout...
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Protein shakes, even mixed with lots of other things, have been making me nauseous lately. I've been doing a cup of fat free milk with a quarter serving of Hershey's syrup, enough to flavor it, but not many calories. I'd rather have the extra protein from a shake, but just can't stomach it right now.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Many sports Dieticians are recommending low fat chocolate milk following workouts in place of the trendy commercial drinks. It has the optimum ration of carbs to protein, is inexpensive and readily available.

I would use protein shakes if you need additional protein to hit your macros, but post-workout, chocolate milk is great.
  • shannonsjourney1
    shannonsjourney1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thank you :smile:
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Dairy often makes me feel nauseous, so I like chocolate almond milk and chocolate soymilk. If you're craving some lower cal chocolate milk :)