Logging before eating?

Options
13»

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering if anyone tracks their food before they eat it (deciding what to eat and how much etc) and then just sticks to that? Like meal prepping in a way. Does it work for keeping things under stricter control?

Yes, otherwise I'd forget what I've eaten!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I do the whole day's logging in the morning or the night before. I often "tweak" as I go but at least I have a theoretical basis for meeting me calories for the day without leaving it to chance.

I am never one of these people who gets to the end of the day with 300 calories to spare. Are you people mad?
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Normally there's a little planning involved (taking batch-cooked soups out the freezer the night before, meat/fish for main meal if I need to)...
    I normally log in the morning and then see what's left (normally filled with fruit, nuts or a sneaky dessert if I can fit it in.
  • Jancanx
    Jancanx Posts: 1
    Options
    I also log in each morning and tweak if I change what I'm going to have. I don't have a great deal during the day as I like to save my calories for the evening when my willpower is not great. I try to bank some calories for the weekend so I can have a drink or three. Just started this week so lets see what happens.

Great to read all of your blogs though, some really helpful ideas out there.
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    I plan first thing in the morning.
    Breakfast is pretty standard with cereal and toast.
    I make my own lunch and take it to work with me (easy to control and cheaper as well!!).
    Evening meal is generally easy as well as it is focused on making sure my 12 year old daughter has enough calories in her.
    She is a competitive swimmer and trains 4 nights per week @ 2 hours each time so we have to plan in advance.

Hope this helps it certainly has made my journey easier on MFP.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Bit confused, it sounds like you are asking advice on something you've tried and tested yourself and know to work. But have simply slipped the last week or so. Do whatever works for you.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i always do, but i always allow a little wiggle room. it helps with the grocery budget. i may not know in what order i have them but i plan 2 weeks ahead and shop accordingly.

^^^This ...I've actually been planning my menus for years and I cook a lot of things in advance to save time through the week. Originally I did it to help with grocery shopping and now it's helping with keeping my macros on target. In fact if I often plan my dinners on a google calendar a month at a time and transfer them onto MFP each week.

It keeps me organized and has become a sort of hobby