Hello out there

Hello out there is the title of one of my favorite plays, a sad but hopeful little one act by William Saroyan about a young man in jail, and the girl who responds to his call. So here I am in this adipose jail, calling hello to all of you out there.

My name is Nesdon Foye Booth, and I guess this jail break has become sort of a matter of life and death. Since I have finally lived longer than either of my parents, at this point in my life I'm ready for either, and figure it's all gravy and frosting from here. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life, and am in the final stretch of an effort to get a massive hernia repaired, really needing to focus on getting in shape for this surgery over the next few months.

I want to find some other folks who are also working on their weight and health who i can support and who can support me. I'm not looking for any sort of everyone-gets-a-trophy rah-rahing, but rather a few smart, articulate folks who want to explore and share their struggles and insights into the process.

nesdon@schmience.com

Replies

• ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    In general I am more of a "rah rah" supporter, though I do try to make posts about the process and my experiences as much as I can. Feel free to add me if you'd like -- I feel weird adding people against their will :D